cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does eBay's Buyer Protection works ?

Hi,

I bought an item on ebay which is still in pre-order. The seller send me a proof of receipt, which I received this weekend. Now, even though I still didn't received the item I ordered (because it is not yet released), in my history, it is written that my order was received. The item will be released (therefore, ship to me) at the end of the year or the start of the next year. Now, I know that ebay is offering a "buyer protection" and I can ask them for help if I have an issue with the seller, but does that protection stop after the order is "received", or does it continue up to 30 days after edd (in my case, mid February).

In other words, if I have an issue with the seller at the time the item is finally released and ready to be ship, will I still be able to ask Ebay for help ?

Thank you for your answers

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How does eBay's Buyer Protection works ?

@lefadavi   

I would file an item not as described refund request NOW.  

The seller cheated and mailed you something with tracking to show that you received an item.  This is VERY against eBay policy. Plus as the others have mentioned the seller must ship pre-order items within 30 days of the date of purchase.  

File the request here: https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Doesn't match pictures or description.    You may need to mail back the receipt at the sellers expense to receive your refund.

4 business days after filing the return request if the seller has not provided a return shipping label OR sent the funds to your paypal account to pay return shipping if they are in another country then ask ebay to step in and help:    https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/ask-ebay-to-step-in?id=4701

2 business days after tracking shows delivery back to the seller the eBay system will automatically refund you if the seller has not already done so.

If you have to purchase a label at the post office with the funds that the seller provided be sure to upload the tracking number into the case. The tracking number is your proof of delivery.
Returns to China or other countries that do not have 1st class delivery confirmation MUST be shipped Priority Mail.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it is NOT shipping within 30 days, it was NOT allowed to even be posted. What is the 'estimated delivery date' shown on the listing you purchased?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@lefadavi 

If they shipped you a receipt with tracking, you have 30 days from the time you received the package to file a claim on Ebay.

Since tracking shows the item was delivered, you would loose an INR case.

If you don't receive your real item within the 30 day period, go to the resolution center below and select, the item doesn't match the description.

When they sell pre-order items, they are supposed to be able to ship it to you within 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I have no idea on the preorder thing: yet you recited an item so eBay will think you got your item.

If you have to file a case use:  item not as described:

NOT( I did not receive my item).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lefadavi   

I would file an item not as described refund request NOW.  

The seller cheated and mailed you something with tracking to show that you received an item.  This is VERY against eBay policy. Plus as the others have mentioned the seller must ship pre-order items within 30 days of the date of purchase.  

File the request here: https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Doesn't match pictures or description.    You may need to mail back the receipt at the sellers expense to receive your refund.

4 business days after filing the return request if the seller has not provided a return shipping label OR sent the funds to your paypal account to pay return shipping if they are in another country then ask ebay to step in and help:    https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/ask-ebay-to-step-in?id=4701

2 business days after tracking shows delivery back to the seller the eBay system will automatically refund you if the seller has not already done so.

If you have to purchase a label at the post office with the funds that the seller provided be sure to upload the tracking number into the case. The tracking number is your proof of delivery.
Returns to China or other countries that do not have 1st class delivery confirmation MUST be shipped Priority Mail.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 5
latest reply