cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open a case against a seller?

I'm following their instructions to the letter and have yet to see the magic words "open a case"  where all the help articles indicate they should appear. Can someone direct me to a page or link that I can use to open a case?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's difficult to provide recommendations because you haven't provided details.

A case for "Item not received" can't be opened until the day after the latest estimated delivery date.   The last day it can be filed is 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.  Claims for "Not as described" must be filed within 30 days after delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I returned a 1/25 scale friction model car in exactly the same condition as received. The seller claims that one wheel is broken and the friction motor won't turn. Even the post office can't do that much damage. Today (Nov 18) learned that the seller refuses to issue a refund for that reason. I used the "changed my mind" option but paid three times the market value of this car as a result of some suspicious bidding activity.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I returned a 1/25 scale friction model car in exactly the same condition as received. Today (Nov 18) learned that seller claims one wheel is broken and the friction motor won't turn. Even the post office can't do that much damage. The seller refuses to issue a refund for that reason. I used the "changed my mind" option but paid three times the market value of this car as a result of some suspicious bidding activity. And, since there is apparently a time limit on editing, I'm forced to repost a revision. They don't make things any easier for you, do they?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply