cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How big of a box can I put in the FedEx Express Drop Box, and if bigger do I just leave it there?

I remember there being a crazily overloaded drop off bin for FedEx at my college with packages stacked up on top of each other just out in the open. Seems kind of unsafe. What is the largest volume box I can drop in the FedEx Express Drop Box? Can I just leave a box that's bigger, and expect them to pick it up? Should I just wait until the guy comes by, and give it to him then?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

How big of a box can I put in the FedEx Express Drop Box, and if bigger do I just leave it there?

Leave it out in the open and it will be stolen in short order. I would try to see if it fits, if not wait for the guy or just bring it to fedex. P.S. I leave my Fedex stuff at the post office. Fedex is in there every day.

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

I guess the size of the box would depend on the size of the drop box slot.

If you just leave the box setting there, I'm sure someone would pick it up, but I bet it wouldn't be FedEx.

Happy Easter
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

FedEx says it fits a 20"x12"x6" box, but my box is 14"x14"x7", and I just dropped it in. So, FYI, to anyone who wants to know. A 14"x14"x7" box perfectly fits the FedEx Express Drop Box (assuming homogeneous dimensionality).

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Was it an Express or a Ground shipment?

If Ground, curious to see if there are problems or delays because Ground shipments aren't supposed to go in Express Drop Boxes, and Express and Ground networks are totally separate. Then again, in smaller locales, those rules may be relaxed a bit.
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Will keep you posted. Pun intended.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

They will return it to the sender according to FedEx.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

Really? So, I have to drive all the way to the shipping center in another city, just to drop it off?

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

You can flag a driver in a Fedex Ground (green word Fedex on the truck) and hand it to him. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Ok, well, it's just sitting there in the drop box now, and I checked the pick up schedule. They don't pick up today or tomorrow, so it'll be in the drop box until Monday at 3:15pm. I say this because I was wondering why my tracking wasn't updating. Just says "label created." 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@psychecafe63wrote:

Ok, well, it's just sitting there in the drop box now, and I checked the pick up schedule. They don't pick up today or tomorrow, so it'll be in the drop box until Monday at 3:15pm. I say this because I was wondering why my tracking wasn't updating. Just says "label created." 

This distubring lack of instantaneous tracking can be explained by this Press Release, which was published right after the most recent Holiday Shipping Period:

"Due to concerns regarding traumatic head injuries, FedEx Express has announced that effective immediately, their valued Team Member "box gnomes" that inhabit the thousands of FedEx Express Drop Boxes across the USA will be retrained and reassigned other duties withing the FedEx Express family of companies.

"Our valued customers really appreciated the instantaneous acceptance and tracking updating of their packages's shipping status provided by our box gnome staff," said CEO Fred Smith.  "But even as the box gnomes would scan packages as they bounced off their heads, sadly, they were incurring brain damage at an alarming rate.  The current litiginous climate and increased scrutiny from OSHA made this an untenable practice, despite the benefits to our customers, especially the prized and coveted Milennial demographic.

"We have coordinated this action with our Labor partners at the International Brotherhood Of Box Gnomes," Smith continued, "And each and every box gnome will be offered continued employment with FedEx Express in our Garden Decoration Division."

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

FedEx really made a typo?

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@psychecafe63wrote:

FedEx really made a typo?

Yeah, it's a byproduct of the brain damage from getting hit in the head 24/7 by boxes.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

So, when is your open mic?

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

I actually DO NOT recomend using a FedEx drop box AT ALL,

I have only used one twice, both were small boxes heading back to Verizon with broken cell phones. Both put inside the box that only has a small opening. NEITHER ever recieved a scan and never arrived causing us to have to pay full price for the replacements. Home pick-up by FedEx isn't a good option here either because at my rural location there is a $11.45 pick-up fee.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply