cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Time is Inaccurate

I offer 1 day handling on all of my items. But lately buyers are buying between 11 pm - 2 am ET. When I turn on my computer at 7 am eBay has a note to ship today. Which is too late to order a postal pickup, our mailbox is over a mile from our house so it's not like we can lay the package beside our mailbox. How do I fix this time issue and keep the 1 day handling? I don't want to change it and lose my Top Seller status or discount. 

Ebay states:

• Payment clears Monday 3pm PT
  • Your package must be scanned by Tuesday 11:59 pm
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

EBay uses PST. Any orders before 12AM must be shipped the next day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

There’s nothing to fix. eBay operates on Pacific time, so anything bought before 3am Eastern time on Tuesday counts as a Monday sale. This isn’t new.

3pm in what you quoted is an example, not a cutoff time.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for your response. It kept happening after 3am et, so I contacted eBay. The cutoff is 11:59 pm pt. There is a techincial issue going on that they are working on for me.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@more-than-enough wrote:

Thanks for your response. It kept happening after 3am et, so I contacted eBay. The cutoff is 11:59 pm pt. There is a techincial issue going on that they are working on for me.

It would have been helpful if your post had said “after 3am” instead of referring to a completely different time frame.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The CS rep lied to you.  There is no technical issue and they are not working on it.  A rep will say anything to get you off the phone.

You need to get up an hour earlier to pack the extra packages.  You need to take them to the post office yourself, or make whatever changes you need to make to get the package out the same day.  Otr you need to change to two day handling. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

The CS rep lied to you.  There is no technical issue and they are not working on it.  A rep will say anything to get you off the phone.

You need to get up an hour earlier to pack the extra packages.  You need to take them to the post office yourself, or make whatever changes you need to make to get the package out the same day.  Otr you need to change to two day handling. 

I agree. First, the OP says “11pm to 2am ET”. When it’s pointed out that those times are before the cutoff , it suddenly morphs into “after 3am ET”.

Sorry, not buying it. A technical problem like that affecting one seller? Sure, they’re working on it.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

NAR

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

EBay uses PST. Any orders before 12AM must be shipped the next day.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It's funny, when I sell something eBay is all over me to ship it fast so I do and get most of my stuff to the customer within two to three days.  On the other hand when I buy something it can take 10 days.  

So the answer for me is to get off of the top seller program and ship when I get a chance.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mwktech wrote:

It's funny, when I sell something eBay is all over me to ship it fast so I do and get most of my stuff to the customer within two to three days.  On the other hand when I buy something it can take 10 days.  

So the answer for me is to get off of the top seller program and ship when I get a chance.

The “Top Seller” program doesn’t dictate your handling time.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

OP, the way I do it is I set auctions up to end on weekends and prepack small items ahead of time for qualifying for trs+ listings. Anything larger than very small that is a bin has an increased handling time and does not qualify for trs+. The fvf savings is only $1 per $100 of item price. eBay has devalued the incentive so much they can keep as far as I'm concerned. It's certainly not worth going out of your way for. For the most part if it fits in a roadside blue box and is relatively valuable it gets listed trs+. Other than that then it doesn't.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You have 0 feedback.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@mwktech wrote:

You have 0 feedback.  

You don’t know what a posting ID is. More importantly, you don’t understand the requirements for TRS.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Message 14 of 14
latest reply