cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program filter

Is there a way to filter out sellers that use the Global Shipping Program?  It is a very costly service and I would prefer to block sellers that use the service so I don't see those auctions.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok thanks I ll try that. I Don t know why sellers would sign up for that, it over priced

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

This is one of the most common requests/complaints made by buyers on eBay.ca. But the GSP is eBay's pet program and they seem to think that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread so they flatly refuse to give us what we want.

You can, however, sort of filter out the GSP items. Use "List View" (not "Gallery View") to search for items. With List View, the GSP items are identified with a pale grey font blurb with reads "Customs Services and International Tracking Provided". All you have to do, then, is skip over those listings.

The View setting is located in the upper right-hand corner of your search screen, next to "Sort" and under the blue "Search" button.

It's not perfect, but it's the best we have. You will see this blurb whether you are shopping on the US or Canadian site.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ok thanks I ll try that. I Don t know why sellers would sign up for that, it over priced
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

GO...

Many sellers do NOT sign up for this.  Ebay puts them into  the program without their knowledge or  permission! !    :smileysurprised  :Other sellers DO sign up,  because they have no idea how bad it is for  most foreign buyers.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It's a shame that happens. I will not buy from sellers that use that program. I wish there was a way to block from ever seeing those auctions
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is the most useful message I've seen regarding how to avoid GSP listings. Now if only someone with the requisite computer savvy could write a Chrome extension for us to filter those listings out!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

berserkerplanet did just that. But I think he got exiled to Mordor for it. 

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

What did he write
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It is quite clear ebay has no interest in helping us as they must get a cut of the 'import fees'. This is just them being asshats as what really happens is you pay for shipping twice, once from the PB centre (seen as shipping cost) and second from the seller to the PB centre (seen as import charges).

As they charge this regardless of whether duties would be assessed or not it is clearly just a scam. Frankly I just skip over any listing from the US these days, as even if they don't use the GSP the shipping charges are twice what sellers anywhere else charge.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks very much, yes thats what I do now.  Any listing that charges GSP I just skip untill I find a US one that doesn't use it.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

>>Frankly I just skip over any listing from the US these days

Looks like we in the US dodged a bullet there.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply