cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a FedEx Claim

Has any seller successfully received an insurance claim from a broken item, when filing a FedEx claim online? Item was shipped thru FedEx Ground, thru eBay's shipping labels- so it shows eBay as the shipper. It is my understanding that eBay will refund me once they get the check, but I have a hard time accepting that. How would they attribute the insurance check to my account? If anyone has any personal experience with this that they are willing to share, I would be very much obliged. Particularly, success stories!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Filing a FedEx Claim

Anyone? (crickets....

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Well, I really do not know from a sellers point of veiw. I will not use FedEx. As opposed to one each damaged package via USPS and UPS around 50% of the FedEx packages I recieve (or should recieve) are either damaged, lost or returned to the sender as I can't make it up to the terminal when they choose to just slap a doortag on the front of my mailbox and drive away without delivering or attempting at the house. (we have actually twice seen them do this from the driveway). 

I really do not trust at all in FedEx.

I only ship USPS.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

I really don't see that you have a choice, so why ask?

I will say FedEx insurance typically pays off if the item was packed right and the box shows obvious damage.

As long as its not Smartpost you should be fine.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

eBay doesn't get the check and even if they did, they wouldn't refund you. You have to file the claim and have it paid out to you. It's difficult to file the claim because ebay is the shipper of record but it can be done.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Thank you all for your responses. It's very confusing! No where on the online claim does it refer to my ebay account or personal information (has the ebay's CA address as the shipper automatically filled out.) When I called eBay, they said that I get the refund thru my ebay seller's account. The representative was a little hestiant on explaining it any further and just repeated, "Well, it SHOULD be refunded that way." ??? So, I guess they may not have really understood how it worked anyway. I'm not holding my breath on it, because the outside box didn't show damage. I packaged the item by double boxing it, using packing peanuts, and syrofoam. I'm more less upset that the item is damaged more than losing the money on it. Thanks again. I will post an update when the claim is answered.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Just another reason I hand print my own labels and ship USPS over the counter.  I don't find myself in these messes.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

I don't usually insure my packages but have filed online claims for a damaged item shipped by Fedex. Yes, I do print my labels via ebay. I just use the tracking number when submitting my online claim and provide the ebay invoice that shows the amount I may have had to refund the buyer for the damage. Even though I don't insure, Fedex nearly always sends me $100 plus my shipping cost.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Do I file the claim with eBay or with Fedex?  Last time I tried to file with Fedex, they said it was an eBay issue and I should talk to them.  I never got any money from ANYONE.  If I ship through my own personal Fedex account, it is a seamless process to file a claim and get your money.  However, it does always cost a little more.  I have not shipped anything breakable through Fedex in a loooooong time but decided to give them one more try.  It was broken in a thousand pieces.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Did you ever get a refund for your fed ex claim through ebay?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

I had product damaged by Fed ex smart post. Still waiting to see about a damage claim. It's a he said she said on who damaged the item and who pays. Probably a hit i will have to absorb. All ready refunded the buyer.
Sharon
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

>> It's a he said she said on who damaged the item and who pays

$100 max FedEx Smartpost indemnity covers only damage by FedEx up until handoff to USPS. There is no USPS insurance coverage.

File the claim through eBay by going here    https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng    and there should be an option on that Smartpost entry to file a claim.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

I have. I sent an air purifier to a buyer. Packaged it per their requirements and the package arrived wet, torn open and the Steel Casing was bent.

Filed a claim with FedEx and within a week I had a check sent to me with the full insured amount and shipping along with their apologies.

FedEx was very helpful and made the process extremely easy. We all have horror stories re: damaged items in shipping but FedEx came through in my case. I think sometimes we feel we package things correctly, but if we do not follow their guidelines for shipping then we do have to take accountability.

So far FedEx is the only ones that have honored their shipping agreement with me when an item was late or damaged. I feel if we do follow their guidelines, as strict as they are, they do honor their agreement. I will continue to use FedEx for all my larger shipping needs.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Filing a FedEx Claim

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/shipping-returns-db.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply