cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Delivery Date

I sold an item on the 21st, with Priority mail shipping, but I also have my listings set up to allot for a 2 day handling time, so why would the estimated delivery date be today, the 24th?

I actually do generally ship my items the same day or next day after the purchase, this particular one went out the same day (21st), but I still prefer to under promise and over deliver.  The USPS site does also indicate today is the estimated delivery date, but as of now it is still at a sorting facility, so I doubt it will be delivered today.  I don't have a huge gripe with it and I doubt the buyer will be all that upset (they may not even have a clue when the estimated delivery date is), but it is rather annoying that my 2 day handling time doesn't seem to be factoring into the estimation that ebay is providing.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Estimated Delivery Date

All your items have the fast and free logo, from what I understand to have that you have to have same or next day shipping.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

Ebay's showing you the date based on your own zip code probably.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

I'm on the "Order Details" page.  The date that I get if I look at the listing is different.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

I just went and checked each one of my current listings and they all have "2 business days" selected for the handling time.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

This is what I see if I view the listing...

Listing.JPG

This is what is shown on the order details...

Order Details.JPG

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

I also just checked the shipping label I used and it states "Priority Mail 3-Day".

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

@bigchief2472000

The listing shows you estimated time to your own zip code, if you purchased at that moment.

If you go to the Shipping and Payments tab and change the zip, it will show you the ETA to that zip, if purchased at that moment.

To me, in NW Florida, it shows Thursday March 1.

If I change the ZIP to Washington State 98101, it shows me Saturday March 3.

To 10011 NY - Saturday 3/3

To 89109 NV - Friday 3/2

You said earlier that your handling time is 3 days, but that you actually ship quicker than that ... that is the reason for the shortened ETAs ... eBay uses your historical  ship time to do the calculation.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

I'm aware of all of that.  The only reason I pointed out the date that is shown to me in the listing was to clarify that I wasn't confusing that date with the one in the order details (the date given to the actual buyer).  I'm also aware that ebay uses historical data, which is part of my complaint.  I put the "2 business day" handling time on my listings so that if for some reason I can't get the items shipped out as quickly as I normally do, the buyer will not be upset because they won't be expecting the package that quickly anyway.  My "cushion" is negated by ebay raisng the buyer's expectations to a point that I haven't promised.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

@bigchief2472000wrote:

I'm aware of all of that.  The only reason I pointed out the date that is shown to me in the listing was to clarify that I wasn't confusing that date with the one in the order details (the date given to the actual buyer).  I'm also aware that ebay uses historical data, which is part of my complaint.  I put the "2 business day" handling time on my listings so that if for some reason I can't get the items shipped out as quickly as I normally do, the buyer will not be upset because they won't be expecting the package that quickly anyway.  My "cushion" is negated by ebay raisng the buyer's expectations to a point that I haven't promised.

With a 2 day handling ... then that would be about right to me, here ... purchased today ... mailed and Accepted Tuesday to Zone 4   (75692 to 32507) ... Priority Mail SFRB ... is 2 day service according to USPS.  So, Thursday 3/1 would be correct.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

But the one that I sold on the 21st, shipped to Tallahassee with Priority (3-day) is giving an estimated delivery date of the 24th in the order details.  Sold on the 21st, I should've had til the end of the day on the 23rd to mail it off, and 3 additional business days in transit.  Estimated delivery should've been the 27th, if my handling time was factored in.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

Normally, to qualify for "fast and free" a seller would to manually select 1-day handling or less, HOWEVER, even if you selected 2-3 day handling, but you are shipping sooner,  ebay will eventually take notice and automatically qualify you as "fast and free" .    I selected 3 day handling for all my listings and eBay did that to me.  

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

@bigchief2472000wrote:

But the one that I sold on the 21st, shipped to Tallahassee with Priority (3-day) is giving an estimated delivery date of the 24th in the order details.  Sold on the 21st, I should've had til the end of the day on the 23rd to mail it off, and 3 additional business days in transit.  Estimated delivery should've been the 27th, if my handling time was factored in.

Yes, but ... when you printed the label, eBay started the clock.

Purchased 21st, shipped same day ... 3 day PM to Talahassee is the 24th.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

There seems to be a lack of consistency.  I can remember during the Christmas holiday they were giving estimated delivery dates that were sooner than what USPS was projecting, even when I shipped the same day.  The one on the 21st gave an estimate that mirrored what USPS estimated, but didn't factor in any handling time.  Sold and shipped one today, Monday the 26th, and it's giving an estimate for Friday the 2nd.  It shipped with Priority 2-day, so handling time does seem to have factored in on that one.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Estimated Delivery Date

The labels I printed today didn't seem to start the clock like the last batch did.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply