cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Label Discounts

Hi!  I always receive a shipping discount when I make a sale and purchase the shipping label through Ebay but noticed today that I wasn't receiving one. Has something changed?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There's no such thing as an eBay shipping discount. Sellers who print online prepaid labels pay the published USPS commercial rates. TRS get the commercial plus rate if it exists. (Note: Media Mail does not have a commercial rate.) You can view USPS rates here:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Only sellers who are TRS+ receive shipping discounts.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nothing has changed.

As noted above, there is no online discount for Media Mail.

You will also not see an "eBay  discount" if you are shipping via Parcel Select, because that IS the online discounted rate.  The retail equivalent is called Retail Ground. Both services used to be known as Parcel Post.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@lex-talonwrote:

Only sellers who are TRS+ receive shipping discounts.

Wrong because:

TR-Plus is a listing status, not a seller status.

All eBay sellers pay a postage rate that is discounted, when compared to the retail, over-the-counter rate.  eBay calls this the "eBay discount" even though it's actually just the difference between the regular retail price vs the online discounted price.

Top Rated Sellers are charged the Commercial Plus rate for all of their Priority Mail package labels, even those listings that don't qualify for TR-Plus status.  The Commercial Plus rate is about 3% less than the regular online rate (Commercial Base).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply