cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Discount

Hi!  I always receive a shipping discount when I make a sale and purchase the shipping label through Ebay but noticed today that I wasn't receiving one. Has something changed?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay Shipping Discount

What was the method of shipment?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

USPS Parcel select

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

There is no discount on USPS Parcel Select or Media Mail. It's been my experience that Parcel Select can sometimes be more expensive than Priority.

Organizer: eBay Meetup Group: S.E. Michigan Online Sellers, Resellers and Thrifters eBay Etc
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

Okay, I could've sworn I had always gotten a discount on Parcel Select but I must have just overlooked it?   There was no discount on Priority either. They were exactly the same cost. ??  Thanks for the reply!  : )

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

Correction- I did receive a discount on the Priority shipping which brought it down to the same cost as parcel. But, I know what you mean, I've noticed Priority being less expensive than Parcel also. At the least, the same cost.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

@sherrybp wrote:

Okay, I could've sworn I had always gotten a discount on Parcel Select but I must have just overlooked it?   There was no discount on Priority either. They were exactly the same cost. ??  Thanks for the reply!  : )

There's never been a discount on parcel as far as I can remember. eBay charges the USPS commercial rate, there's no eBay discount so you are being charged the USPS commercial rate and parcel select is usually the same cost, or higher than priority. Parcel select is the same as retail ground and there's no discount.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

Parcel Select is already the discounted rate (Commercial Pricing), so when you offer it, there are no further discounts.  It's retail equivalent is Retail Ground - and the discount is all of 5 cents.

I use Priority which also comes with some insurance - and the discount goes towards handling.

If I decide to use Parcel Select (extremely rare), I have to add handling (packaging and insurance) to cover expenses.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

Thanks! Good to know! Still just trying to figure it all out. : )

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

I'm just starting to get into selling more now so I'm looking more closely at my options than in the past. So, I'll take any advice I can get! Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Shipping Discount

There's no discount on Parcel Select because it IS the online discounted rate.  If you purchase the equivalent service at the Post Office counter, it's called Retail Ground. Bother services used to be known as Parcel Post.

At current USPS rates, the prices for Parcel Select and Commercial Base Priority Mail are identical (or Priority Mail is 5 cents more) for packages up to 18 pounds.

Here's a link to the official USPS rates publication, Notice 123.
http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 11 of 11
latest reply