cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Attempted ?

I was just looking at tracking  information for some packages that went out. I noticed one that said delivery attempted, no access to delivery location. Sooo what do I do?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Delivery Attempted ?

@stonewallcewrote:

I was just looking at tracking  information for some packages that went out. I noticed one that said delivery attempted, no access to delivery location. Sooo what do I do?

The carrier will attempt to deliver to the address 3 times. After that, it will be held at the Post Office. If the buyer doesn't pick up the package, it will be sent back to you.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

So I'm guessing I contact the buyer and infom them of the situation.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

Sometimes you see that scan used, when a carrier should have but didn't for whatever reason deliver a package. It usually arrives the following day.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

Check the tracking info tomorrow.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

I had that happen this week on a delivery to a buyer who lives in an apartment building in a large city. She wasn’t home when the postal carrier was there so apparently a notice was left. She eventually authorized the box to be left with a neighbor and I have that confirmation in the tracking. But if your buyer doesn’t make arrangements or never picks it up, as someone else said, the package would be returned to you. In my case, I didn’t contact the buyer because she could see the same updates I got. I try not to have too many messages to buyers to avoid annoying them. I do contact when I feel it’s necessary to.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

Sooo what do I do?

Nothing.  If the buyer has not complained, there is no problem.

The No Access scan is supposed to mean that the carrier could not get to the buyer's address, so could not access the mailbox or home for delivery.  The package would be returned to the post office and delivery attempted again the next day or whenever the road/access problem is corrected.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

@lex-talon wrote:

@stonewallcewrote:

The carrier will attempt to deliver to the address 3 times. After that, it will be held at the Post Office. If the buyer doesn't pick up the package, it will be sent back to you.

Actually, no. I'm a mail carrier, We attempt delivery once unless it is an Express. First notice is left the day of the attempt, a Second notice is delivered with the letter mail on the 3rd day and a final notice on day 5 with the date of the packages return to sender on it (day 15) 10 days after the final notice.

Now the exception. You may see a attempted scan with no notice left. Unfortunately in the case of a blocked or downed mailbox sometimes you can't leave a notice. Other times as we are human we miss a parcel and find it in the vehicle at the end of the route, of course we can't leave a notice for these but still a scan must be made and there is no option for a senior/blond moment scan and yes we will take the package out the next day.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

I contacted the buyer ahead of time because the address looked odd. he said it was ok, I looked on google and noted it was business where the person has a box.  This was the address on paypal.  I took the package to post office and stood in line to recheck the address and postal worker said address was ok. Tracking said postal worker could not access to deliver item on a Saturday.  I know they will attempt to get into building again and if not it will be sent back to me the seller.  Buyer has already paid, so could this be some type of scam to get access to my paypal? How does buyer get his money back if there is not delivery and item comes back to me the seller? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

@patrva41 wrote:

I contacted the buyer ahead of time because the address looked odd. he said it was ok, I looked on google and noted it was business where the person has a box.  This was the address on paypal.  I took the package to post office and stood in line to recheck the address and postal worker said address was ok. Tracking said postal worker could not access to deliver item on a Saturday.  I know they will attempt to get into building again and if not it will be sent back to me the seller.  Buyer has already paid, so could this be some type of scam to get access to my paypal? How does buyer get his money back if there is not delivery and item comes back to me the seller? 

There are some places that have mail boxes or even PO boxes within a business. We have two in this area. both at one time were actual little post offices within the business. One sells tractors, the other sells and repairs lawn mowers. Now they are relegated to a stand of PO boxes where the carrier loads mail from the back and the customers can access their box only during store hours. If the shop is closed on Saturday then there is no mail on Saturday.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

How does buyer get his money back if there is not delivery and item comes back to me the seller? 

If the buyer never picks up the package and it is returned to you, you contact the buyer and advise that s/he will have to pay to reship.  If buyer does not want to pay shipping again, you go to the payment in Paypal.  Scroll down about half way, and click on ISSUE A REFUND.  The default is the full payment, but you can change that to just the item price only.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Delivery Attempted ?

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply