cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined-Shipping-Error-code-80004

When I go to my cart to check out with multiple items I keep getting this message when I click "request total:"

We're sorry, but we can't complete your request right now.
If you see this message more than once, contact us, and we'll try our best to help. Error code: 80004

Have logged in and out and tried different browsers—same thing.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm still getting this error but I found a way around it in an old thread here on the message boards! Posting here for anyone else experiencing this problem:

Here's a link to it. It's the third reply down by user hafoster.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bidding-Buying/We-re-sorry-but-we-can-t-complete-your-request-...

I reconstructed the request total URL manually like they suggested (like this:  https://apps.payments.ebay.com/xo/rt/view?flow=sc&cartid=CartID&sellerid=SellerID  (use the cart id and the seller id numbers/words that appear in the URL when you click on the request total link in your cart ) and it worked! Hope that's helpful to anyone else that might be experiencing this problem.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm still getting this error but I found a way around it in an old thread here on the message boards! Posting here for anyone else experiencing this problem:

Here's a link to it. It's the third reply down by user hafoster.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bidding-Buying/We-re-sorry-but-we-can-t-complete-your-request-...

I reconstructed the request total URL manually like they suggested (like this:  https://apps.payments.ebay.com/xo/rt/view?flow=sc&cartid=CartID&sellerid=SellerID  (use the cart id and the seller id numbers/words that appear in the URL when you click on the request total link in your cart ) and it worked! Hope that's helpful to anyone else that might be experiencing this problem.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm getting the same error daily too.  It's very frustrating.  I often have to close ebay and reopen, use a different browser, etc.  And I have lost out on the item I wanted to buy when someone else got there first.  Yes I could have done BIN and get screwed on shipping charges (a large number of sellers won't refund the extra $10 you paid in shipping because ebay charged them 50 cents in fees on that payment!)

Another issue I'm seeing is that the "request total" button is greyed out  altogether when I try it on a lot of sellers.  This is a huge problem.  I keep seeing topics on these boards about  free shipping.  I think ebay is making it more difficult use the shopping cart because they want to eliminate combined shipping, forcing all sellers to switch to free shipping.   As a buyer, I think this is a HUGE mistake.   I want combined shipping.   Who doesn't understand that "free" shipping means the shipping cost was added to the item price?  Now if I want multiple items with "free" shipping  I'm paying waaaay more than it costs to mail.  Does ebay really think we buyers are that dumb?  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Just got it and it upsets me so bad I totally forgot what I was about to buy 🙂

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This workaround doesn't work anymore.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Please consider not all items are available for combined shipping.  I've had buyers want to combine a vintage glass lamp and 5 pound dictionary or 2 items too big to ship together.   If a seller does drop shipping of new items this would also be impossible.   Sellers can select 'require immediate payment now' when listing usually because the shipping can't be combined. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

All my items can be combined, these are also sellers and items I've bought from for YEARS using the "Request Invoice" function.

It's a bona fide glitch with no current work arounds
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

oof

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Im getting the same error and this fix isnt fixing it.  Sounds like @grepdogg nailed it. No answers. Awesome. Fail.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm getting the same error, and contacted 2 different people on the chat and no one can fix it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply