cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese shipping cost unfairly low

The fate of all USA E commerce as well as brick and mortar shops hang in the balance of this bad deal.
1. It costs half as much to send a package from China to Texas as it does to send that same package from a business located in the USA just a few states away.
2. Packages from China shipped thorough the USPS encounter NO DUTY, NO TAX and NO IMPORT FEES, while USA based business pay import fees, quota fees, federal and state mandated taxes as well as sales tax.
3. USA businesses that utilize the services of the USPS are actually funding their own competition and eventual economic demise. The USPS loses money EVERY time it is forced to deliver an international package from China, due to an outdated agreement the USPS basically has to deliver packages from China for free, the USPS has even added value features to these packets to make it more attractive, additionally the packages are not charged duty or tax. USA based business are charged profitable rates from the USPS in order to compensate for the free packages they are delivering from China. The Government has created a one way tax free funnel to eviscerate USA based businesses.
5. Tax payers are indirectly funding this economic terrorism as well, the post office receives tax breaks and loans from the US Government that are funded by US Taxpayers.

I am not asking for a “break” a “discount” I am asking for a level playing field, I am begging the US government to discontinue its policy of funding this funnel of duty free, tax free, goods that the post office is forced to deliver for free. I ask that the US Post office charge DUTY on all out of country goods as by law it is required to do so, I ask that my government stop using my tax dollars to fund this economic terrorism from China.

Please take us seriously. This needs to be dealt with.
I would appreciate a response to my letter to let me know you are reading this. And please let me know what is being done about this very counterproductive policy.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Have heard about this. Still don't know who set this deal up though. Any idea. ABSOLUTELY INSANE.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You sign me up for the petetion for change
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

petition
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You should try tweeting Trump. I bet he has no idea, and he'd find it outrageous!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

you are paying for the low chinese shipping cost

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a thread a few months back that the International sellers will be charged a "handling fee" of 13%.  I don't remember the month, but trump made it so

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

hmmm 13% on 99 cents...... seems fair
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did you ever get a response from ebay on this?  As of 6-8-18, I'm still seeing Chinese sellers saturating the market with low-cost items and free shipping. E-bay is frequentlying sending out messages for us to write to our government officials about not taxing us, but what about this unfair shipping agreement with China?   How can we bring this to the attention of e-bay, or do they just not care?    We're living this problem, but what can we do?!  I hope Pres. Trump can make a big change with these unfair trade practices, and since he's also looking at Post Office problems, this should be one of the big ones to fix.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply