cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Twice for a refund.

I am being charged twice. I had refunded a payment of $405.35 to a buy who had returned an item dmagaed in transit. I initiated this refund from Paypal after ebay's "refund" button failed. I was shown message that "Payment did not go through". At Paypal I was shown a receipt that my refund has been made, that the funds were withdrawn froma  linked bank account .  Sure enough, my bank account showed the withdraw. Feb 21, the day after I issued the refund, I received an email from eBay that they issued a refund to the same buyer for $405.35 and I wouldbe billed for that amount on my next invoice. I talked to 6 different persons at eBay and they would not cancel the refund they initiated. I messaged Paypal about  this error several times, getting nothing but form messages in return. They simply did not even read the complaints or could not comprehend them. The latest stated "Refunds cannot be cancelled1"  "Ask seller for a refund"  I am the seller!  The last message was "talk to eBay directly".  That did not work. It seems now I have no choice but to go to court, report this to the BBB and AG, stop payments from my CCards, try and reverse Paypal withdraw from my bank, and close my account with ebay once my listed items come to term.  I have never seen such ignorance or apathy before in both eBay and Paypal. Paypal was always trouble. Ebay was seldom trouble, but to pay twice the amount for a refund to a buyer  while ebay condones it is outragiously low!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After Paypal did indeed complete the pending refund to the buyer, I had noi choice but to call eBay and try again to have them drop their charge on my account. I actually talked to a person that understood the problem and saw I was not the blame. Ebay dropped the charge to my account. Ironically, a day later Paypal reversed their withdraw to my bank account and I had to resubmit another payment to them as my PP account was in the red.  A lot of trouble that was all avoidable with communication between Ebay and Paypal and with people in both understanding the English language as written.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@judgelwrote:

I am being charged twice. I had refunded a payment of $405.35 to a buy who had returned an item dmagaed in transit. I initiated this refund from Paypal after ebay's "refund" button failed. I was shown message that "Payment did not go through". At Paypal I was shown a receipt that my refund has been made, that the funds were withdrawn froma  linked bank account .  Sure enough, my bank account showed the withdraw. Feb 21, the day after I issued the refund, I received an email from eBay that they issued a refund to the same buyer for $405.35 and I wouldbe billed for that amount on my next invoice. I talked to 6 different persons at eBay and they would not cancel the refund they initiated. I messaged Paypal about  this error several times, getting nothing but form messages in return. They simply did not even read the complaints or could not comprehend them. The latest stated "Refunds cannot be cancelled1"  "Ask seller for a refund"  I am the seller!  The last message was "talk to eBay directly".  That did not work. It seems now I have no choice but to go to court, report this to the BBB and AG, stop payments from my CCards, try and reverse Paypal withdraw from my bank, and close my account with ebay once my listed items come to term.  I have never seen such ignorance or apathy before in both eBay and Paypal. Paypal was always trouble. Ebay was seldom trouble, but to pay twice the amount for a refund to a buyer  while ebay condones it is outragiously low!

@judgel

Go to the eBay for Business Facebook page or Twitter and send a Message ... it's terrible that you can't get US-based CS via any other method ... but they do answer messages on those sites.

Good luck

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

After Paypal did indeed complete the pending refund to the buyer, I had noi choice but to call eBay and try again to have them drop their charge on my account. I actually talked to a person that understood the problem and saw I was not the blame. Ebay dropped the charge to my account. Ironically, a day later Paypal reversed their withdraw to my bank account and I had to resubmit another payment to them as my PP account was in the red.  A lot of trouble that was all avoidable with communication between Ebay and Paypal and with people in both understanding the English language as written.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm worried I am going to have the same problem. I refunded payment to the buyer using PayPal. Before I cancelled the purchase on eBay. PayPal shows refund given. But when cancelling it said give refund.
?
Can't chat with support. Sent an email. Searching these forums.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply