cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Return Request to Partial Refund

I accepted a return request from a buyer but now she wants a partial refund instead. How do I change the return request to be partial refund? I can refund her via paypal but don't want to leave the request open for possibility of her returning the item AND getting a partial refund. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you issue a partial refund through the original PayPal transaction then the buyer won't get a full refund if the return stays open. The system isn't set up for this, you can't offers partial through the return request because you accepted the return. The buyer can close the return. But I wouldn't expect them to do it until after the partial refund has been issued. If they don't close it, you just have to wait for it to time out on its own

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Okay thanks! I had the buyer close the return and I gave her a partial refund via paypal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm glad it worked out for you, but you did it kind of backwards.

A buyer should never close out a case and hope the seller follows through with their word after the fact.  You were honorable, but not all would be.  Some will trick a buyer into closing a case by saying that's the only way they can refund, then they don't refund, and then the buyer is SOL.

Just wanted you to know this in the event you are the buyer the next go round.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply