cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get negative feedback or a defect for cancelling a sale due to incorrect address?

Hello Community,

I finally figured out that I need to cancel a sale & refund because of incorrect address.

1. Can I get negative feedback or a defect for cancelling & refunding without buyer's request?

Buyer HAS NOT RESPONDED TO 3 EMAILS where I asked them to whether they wanted me

to send the item to the PayPal address or to cancel & refund their money.

2. When I cancel & refund,  how can I relist the item so that the buyer has an opportunity to

purchase the item. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can I get negative feedback or a defect for cancelling a sale due to incorrect address?

You would not get a defect for canceling due to problem with buyers address.  Whether or not they could still leave feedback I am not sure (probably though), however, if they did leave a neg I definitely think it would be removable. 

If you relist it you could just send the buyer a message with the item number and that they are welcome to repurchase with the correct address.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

How is the address incorrect?

The address provided with the PayPal payment is the address you are supposed to ship to.

DId they attempt to give you another address after payment?  

@drdeecasey

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

OP started a different thread that said their buyer messaged them that their address was wrong and wanted their item shipped to a different address. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Dear friend,

How do you know that the address is incorrect?  I just sent my item to address mentioned in 'Print Shipping Label'  and go ahead shipping.  I also want to know finally what will happen to your shipment and I do not agree to give negative feedback to your customer... maybe he or she doesn't come online and don't see your message.  I cheer you up ... fighting...Soo Soo

Smartchoice_999

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@drdeecasey wrote:

Hello Community,

I finally figured out that I need to cancel a sale & refund because of incorrect address.

1. Can I get negative feedback or a defect for cancelling & refunding without buyer's request?

Buyer HAS NOT RESPONDED TO 3 EMAILS where I asked them to whether they wanted me

to send the item to the PayPal address or to cancel & refund their money.

2. When I cancel & refund,  how can I relist the item so that the buyer has an opportunity to

purchase the item. 

No you will not get a neg over it. Unless of course ebay changed things again.  A month or so ago I had two sellers cancel my orders. One said problem with the buyers address (which was bunk) and the other said I requested it (also bunk).

I had no recourse.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I've read that in some cases the feedback link won't show up in your purchase history after a cancellation but if you go to your feedback page and at the bottom click on leave feedback, the transaction will come up.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox

If you go to the Feedback Forum, you should still be able to leave it if under 60 days.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Now some sellers have been able to convice CS to remove neg FB on a cancelled transaction - which they would be entitled to have done IF it was the buyer who requested the cancellation, so word it well Smiley Wink  "Cancelled & lied about reason.  I did NOT request to cancel."

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

@the_fancy_fox

If you go to the Feedback Forum, you should still be able to leave it if under 60 days.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Now some sellers have been able to convice CS to remove neg FB on a cancelled transaction - which they would be entitled to have done IF it was the buyer who requested the cancellation, so word it well Smiley Wink  "Cancelled & lied about reason.  I did NOT request to cancel."

Nope. The transaction was gone.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Unless it is against the rules (I'm not aware of) then I'm willing to test this with anyone who wants to try.

We can accomplish this with a small value transaction.

I can buy your test item and then you may, with my permission, cancel it due to an address issue and I'll attempt to leave you positive feedback and we can see if it is possible.

Let me know if you'd like to try this.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply