cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer has filed a item damaged after 3 weeks of delivery, package was forwarded by Third Party.

So buyer purchased a Television (Original manufacturer packaging) and was delivered by UPS three weeks back. (I had taken insurance for the purchase amount).

Buyer has raised a item damaged in shipping claim today and shared pictures of repackaged item (Forwarding company/individual), he explained he received package today as it was being forwarded to him.

I believe UPS will not take any responsibility now as the package could have very well been damaged on reshipping. 

What are your suggestions on this?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Buyer has filed a item damaged after 3 weeks of delivery, package was forwarded by Third Party.

eBay Money Back Guarantee - "Not Covered: Items shipped to another address after original delivery."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#conditions1

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Call customer service immediately. Have your proof ready--the address you shipped to and Google search results showing its a forwarder, also any messages where the buyer admits he used a forwarder. Also look up his location, see where he's registered. Point out to customer service that the package was forwarded after delivered and that the MBG does not cover packages forwarded after delivery. Do NOT let them assure that you will win and tell you to call back in a few days and they will close the case in your favor. They need to do it now. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have read some where in all the eBay rules regulations, but I can't locate it, that if a buyer uses a freight forwarder and the product is damaged in shipment from the freight forwarder (the address you shipped to I assume) to the buyer then the buyer loses his buyer protection.  The seller is only responsible for getting the item delivered to ship to address provided to eBay/PayPal in the same condition as described in the listing.

Often people in other countries will use a  US based freight forwarder.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Good luck - I've been battling this for the past week and a half. I even had messages in my eBay from the reshipper that they no longer had the item and Customer Service still would not close the claim in my favor. The day before it could be escalated, the CS rep told me I would need to accept the return, send a label to avoid getting a defect as they could not guarantee that they would close it in my favor! They said accept the return, send the label then call back after the escalation day to close it. I did as they said, called back the next day and they said since I was accepting the return they would not close it even though they could see the policy re reshipping! I'm now waiting to see if I get a box of rocks back. I called at least a dozen times and could not get a US rep! I hope it turns out better for you!
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@mrsddesigns wrote:
Good luck - I've been battling this for the past week and a half. I even had messages in my eBay from the reshipper that they no longer had the item and Customer Service still would not close the claim in my favor. The day before it could be escalated, the CS rep told me I would need to accept the return, send a label to avoid getting a defect as they could not guarantee that they would close it in my favor! They said accept the return, send the label then call back after the escalation day to close it. I did as they said, called back the next day and they said since I was accepting the return they would not close it even though they could see the policy re reshipping! I'm now waiting to see if I get a box of rocks back. I called at least a dozen times and could not get a US rep! I hope it turns out better for you!

@Anonymous, this "Not Covered: Items shipped to another address after original delivery" is not a policy that's hidden to prevent its abuse, so why is it being abused?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tarpedge wrote:

@mrsddesigns wrote:

@Anonymous, this "Not Covered: Items shipped to another address after original delivery" is not a policy that's hidden to prevent its abuse, so why is it being abused?

I'm not sure I understand your question, @tarpedge; there is of course always the chance that someone will attempt to abuse a policy or process here on eBay, but only certain policies remain internal as we found they carried a higher level of risk. If you can clarify your question for me, I'll be happy to address it!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wisconsincichlids wrote:

So buyer purchased a Television (Original manufacturer packaging) and was delivered by UPS three weeks back. (I had taken insurance for the purchase amount).

Buyer has raised a item damaged in shipping claim today and shared pictures of repackaged item (Forwarding company/individual), he explained he received package today as it was being forwarded to him.

I believe UPS will not take any responsibility now as the package could have very well been damaged on reshipping. 

What are your suggestions on this?

I will make sure this is reviewed by our customer service team as soon as possible to ensure the right decision is made. Keep an eye out for an email update on this case!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@mrsddesigns, you might want to ask as well why eBay is abusing this policy.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Who would I contact?  I've spoken to customer service multiple times, cited the policy till I'm blue inthe face and given apologies for being given the wrong info, but the claim still stands.  I cannot reach a US based rep.  I also filled out the Buyer Abusing returns form too.   No response on that.  

Any help is appreciated. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mrsddesigns wrote:

Who would I contact?  I've spoken to customer service multiple times, cited the policy till I'm blue inthe face and given apologies for being given the wrong info, but the claim still stands.  I cannot reach a US based rep.  I also filled out the Buyer Abusing returns form too.   No response on that.  

Any help is appreciated. 

Please @Anonymous help @mrsddesigns too.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsddesigns wrote:

Any help is appreciated. 

I can ensure this is looked into for you as long as I have the correct information to pass along. I will reach out via email shortly to get more details!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I tried to contact trinton@eBay but cannot get a message to them with the item number and selling account name. ?
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

TRINTON..

Hmm....so you are going to   contact customer  service and then send this Member    email???But--   is she going to get  scammed --or not?   When Members  say  they need your  help---they are not  asking you to talk to the  very  same  Customer people that they have   already    talked to---and who  are already  said they do not know of this Policy   and they are not going to help  them.    

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Trinton contacted me (Thank you!)   and I supplied the details, then shortly after that I received notice that eBay was reviewing the case.   They closed it saying that they had refunded the buyer at no impact to me.  Its great that there is no impact to me but why is ebaying issuing refunds in conflict to what the policy says?  Am so confused.  But I do appreciate that action was taken and I'm not taking the loss! 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply