cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought something from China, order was incomplete, now what?

I bought 2 items from China. They arrived but there is only 1 so it is incomplete.   I have already contacted the seller asking about missing item.

They were under $5 total so if I tried to open SNAD as normal and the seller insisted on return for refund, I would lose more since return with tracing is more than $5.  If the seller does respond, I hope they will send the missing item and not use fake tracking or insist on return for refund, those are known scam to protect Chinese sellers and make it hard to leave negs.

If they do try to give me trouble, is there a way to get the $2.20 back for the missing item or do I eat it and leave suitable neg without opening SNAD?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Have you read the money back guarantee? Sellers are required to pay for return shipping on SNADs. Your seller can't issue a label and they aren't going to send the return shipping cost. Just open the SNAD and get your money back. They aren't going to ship a replacement either and if you agree to a replacement, by the time you realize it's not coming it will be too late to get help from eBay and PayPal will make you return the item at your expense. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And the lesson for today: Don't buy from china!! 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

Have you read the money back guarantee? Sellers are required to pay for return shipping on SNADs. Your seller can't issue a label and they aren't going to send the return shipping cost. Just open the SNAD and get your money back. They aren't going to ship a replacement either and if you agree to a replacement, by the time you realize it's not coming it will be too late to get help from eBay and PayPal will make you return the item at your expense. 

The problem is generally seller can't buy international label for return shipping and often won't do anything so I have to call eBay after enough time has passed and hope I find someone that knows enough about the guarrantee to go ahead and issue refund.  Last time I had this issue, it took me 9 phone calls before I got someone that wasn't an idiot.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

1.  I won't buy anything that costs more than a couple bucks from China.

2. If something is missing from a multiple item order, I don't bother asking for a refund, since that game isn't worth the candle.  I proceed directly to 'Multiple item order missing XX of XX' negative feedback and let the seller take it from there.  I also don't let sellers run out the timer by telling me the item is on the way, please wait, that's also directly to negative feedback land.  If it's already been on its way to me for 8 weeks, another week will likely not make it show up.

If the missing items magically appear, then is the time to talk to me about adjusting feedback.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@puddle_jumper wrote:

I bought 2 items from China. They arrived but there is only 1 so it is incomplete.   I have already contacted the seller asking about missing item.

They were under $5 total so if I tried to open SNAD as normal and the seller insisted on return for refund, I would lose more since return with tracing is more than $5.  If the seller does respond, I hope they will send the missing item and not use fake tracking or insist on return for refund, those are known scam to protect Chinese sellers and make it hard to leave negs.

If they do try to give me trouble, is there a way to get the $2.20 back for the missing item or do I eat it and leave suitable neg without opening SNAD?

Go into Your purchase history find the order and send a message to the Seller. There will be choices. Pick Item not as described. (sometimes called a SNAD) then write that You only recieved part of the order and did not recieve X. Write that You want a refund for X that was missing.

By doing this You are putting in a request. The Seller will answer the request and Probably will refund Your money in a few days. I would NOT take a offer to have them send it again. That will make You time out on the 30 days that You have to file a case and You will not be able to file a case.

IF the Seller does not answer in a few business days then go to the bottom of the page to Resolution Center and file a case. Use SNAD or Item not as described. Do NOT USE item not recieved. f Seller asks You to provide an envelope to send back what You did get, then tell them it is their mistake so they have to provide a shipping label. i don't think it will get that far.

It seems like Some Sellers would rather short the order and pay a refund after You complain than to get a defect for Not having the item in stock. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:

@puddle_jumper wrote:

Go into Your purchase history find the order and send a message to the Seller. There will be choices. Pick Item not as described. (sometimes called a SNAD) then write that You only recieved part of the order and did not recieve X. Write that You want a refund for X that was missing.

By doing this You are putting in a request. The Seller will answer the request and Probably will refund Your money in a few days. I would NOT take a offer to have them send it again. That will make You time out on the 30 days that You have to file a case and You will not be able to file a case.

IF the Seller does not answer in a few business days then go to the bottom of the page to Resolution Center and file a case. Use SNAD or Item not as described. Do NOT USE item not recieved. f Seller asks You to provide an envelope to send back what You did get, then tell them it is their mistake so they have to provide a shipping label. i don't think it will get that far.

It seems like Some Sellers would rather short the order and pay a refund after You complain than to get a defect for Not having the item in stock. 

Chinese sellers don't work this way. And OP bought from one....

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I have had 2 orders shorted recently and it worked that way for me. I do think eBay is getting stricter on this with Asian Sellers. I don't know how many long time Sellers I  purchased from who had their accounts shut down! So I do think it works the same from My experience. I buy many trinkets from China to sell at flea markets. 

The biggest thing is not to let them delay Your case until AFTER the 30 days is up. A buyer has 30 days after the delivery date is past to file an INR OR 30 days after the item is received to file a NAD

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@imakesugar wrote:

IF the Seller does not answer in a few business days then go to the bottom of the page to Resolution Center and file a case. Use SNAD or Item not as described. Do NOT USE item not recieved.

Return requests don't work this way. Also, you can't accidentally switch to an INR after starting a return request.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Buy American, because it matters. Good Luck to you.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@tarpedge wrote:

@imakesugar wrote:

IF the Seller does not answer in a few business days then go to the bottom of the page to Resolution Center and file a case. Use SNAD or Item not as described. Do NOT USE item not recieved.

Return requests don't work this way. Also, you can't accidentally switch to an INR after starting a return request.

Well, of course, it is not an Item Not received. It is an INAD. I did not mention INR.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply