Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

BEWARE: You are at risk

BEWARE: You are at risk

ionizedkit
Enthusiast
Last Edited 10:19:55 AM dm_karen

I bought an anime figurine from this sloppy seller, who is based in the Philippines. They sent me a totally different figurine and then had the nerve to tell me they never had stock for the product I ordered. The seller tried to push the wrong item to me by giving me a discount. Since I had no use for it, I requested a return in exchange for a full refund instead.

It took a while before the seller gave me a return address because they were terribly slow in responding. To my dismay, the return address is actually a third-party local forwarder, which I’ve never heard before. I know it’s a forwarding company because the address contains a consignee account number. I suggested shipping the item back to the seller directly, but the seller insisted on using the forwarder.

I packed the returning item with lots of protection and even photographed the packing process as proof. I went to my nearest post office and shipped the package using registered parcel mail with tracking. A few days later, the tracking system on the post office web site indicated that my parcel was delivered.

I informed the seller and to my surprise, they told me their forwarder couldn’t find my parcel. I went to the post office and requested for the receipt of delivery with the signature of the recipient. It was signed by one of the forwarder’s staff and they still denied receiving it. By now, the seller and forwarder stopped responding to my subsequent emails.

I had no choice but filed a dispute on eBay. Since I used PayPal to make payment, the dispute case was automatically handled by PayPal. I provided all necessary information to PayPal, and guess what? PayPal instructed me to return the disputed item to an address in the Philippines and provide a tracking number to that address. What the… how could I return the disputed item when I do not have it in my possession anymore? Did they even understand my case? I felt like talking to a robot.

I calmed down and wrote another lengthy message to PayPal to explain my situation in detail again. I also gave PayPal the tracking number from my post office and even provided photos.

Weeks went by and PayPal kept asking the same information I gave them on the very first day. I timely responded by highlighting the information they requested. Eventually, PayPal passed judgement in favour of the seller because PayPal said that the tracking information I provided was invalid. Ha! What a joke! So much for buyer protection.

Since it’s been a while, I couldn’t give the seller a negative feedback to warn other buyers; my purchase history has expired. I was furious. I thought of putting all these behind me but I still feel injustice done to me, and henceforth this rant.

It was a painful lesson but I know to keep away from eBay and PayPal from now on. Good luck if you're still hanging around here and farewell.

Tl;dr

I got cheated. I couldn’t get my refund after returning an item that does not matched its description. I filed a dispute and eBay/PayPal is totally useless.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES

Re: BEWARE: You are at risk if you buy

in reply to Feb 13, 2016 7:25:03 PM
hafoster
Rockstar
Last Edited 10:20:14 AM dm_karen

"I felt like talking to a robot."

it's actually called a bot

which doesn't know how to read lengthy messages

if the charge appears on your credit card statement do a chargeback, and provide the registered tracking

Message 2 of 5

in reply to Feb 14, 2016 1:17:51 AM
Last Edited 10:20:35 AM dm_karen

You have to follow the procedure to the letter. Then it usually all works. Never allow a seller to divert you from the procedure. 

Photos of packages prove nothing, there is no 'continuity of evidence' (the photos could be of anything)

With a good selller, sorting it out between seller and buyer without outside involvement can be fine. Since this selller had already given you grounds for suspicion by their claim of no stock, never had any, that was the point at which you should have started the official procedure.

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 3 of 5

in reply to Feb 14, 2016 4:21:21 AM
Last Edited 10:20:51 AM dm_karen

This seller seems to have a reputation for doing that often. Do not let it discourage you from going here. There are many awesome sellers here. 

Actually this situation can happen on any online site. You can protect yourself by looking at feedbacks. This one seems to not have an oh so great one. It should be a red flag to some. 

Also international buying is risky. May I suggest trying to click US only on the left of your page as you are looking for something? Maybe these adivce would make your shopping a little more enjoyable 

Message 4 of 5

Re: BEWARE: You are at risk

Re: BEWARE: You are at risk

in reply to Mar 8, 2016 10:22:50 AM

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused. The edits were to the topic title only. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact a moderator via private message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- miss.kitty.kat
Community Moderator
Message 5 of 5