cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Free Shipping

Dear eBay,

What is being done to help us Sellers combat Amazon and their free Prime Shipping and free shipping over $x amount> My sales have been taking a dive because of the competion on Amazon and their free shipping. You know for a fact that us Sellers include the price of shipping with the price of the porduct giving the illision to the Buyers they get free shipping. Any FBA sales on Amazon that qualify for the free shipping, the seller there does not get charged a shipping fee and Amazon absorbs the cost. USPS Commercial PLus price can just not compete with Amazon's FREE SHIPPING.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I don't buy things from eBay that I can get from Amazon. In other words, I buy vintage or hard to find items only.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Ditto

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Amazon does absorb the cost but at the volume they can buy at their profit is greater. 

Also consider to get that Prime Free Shipping it costs the Prime member $99.00 up front.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Me too

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I ship everything for free so I can compete.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Most items which qualify for free Prime shipping also include a % for that shipping cost in the item price.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Heard that amazon got a $350,000 fine for shipping a package that leaked and got 9 ups employees sick recently.

Makes me want to order from them..........NOT!

i rarely order anything from amazon, one of my least favorite shopping site.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

It's up to the seller to combat Amazon and any other competition.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

EBay The Best, Amazon is a Total Fraud, you pay with your card if the product does not reach you in time they tell you the store did not have your product, then to sell it and they do not return the money, this happened to me, I finished For withdrawing my card since they also did not want to delete my account, Ebay with your intermediary Paypal everything is safe, nothing reaches you or it arrives in bad condition your money is back in your Bank account in less than 24 hours, recommended at 101%
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

Heard that amazon got a $350,000 fine for shipping a package that leaked and got 9 ups employees sick recently....

Google says it happened over a year ago.. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I don't buy anything on Amazon that I can get more cheaply locally. I buy shoes, dog food, household and business staples, clothing, none of which I can buy here more cheaply.  I've spent over $500 this week alone including a vacuum cleaner and archery supplies.

So that may be true if you live in a cheaper area of the country but it's certainly not true for me.

I do buy my vintage inventory and much of my gently loved clothing here though.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@fuzzface50 wrote:

Heard that amazon got a $350,000 fine for shipping a package that leaked and got 9 ups employees sick recently....

Google says it happened over a year ago.. 

fuzzface wrote that post over a year ago.

slight_smile

necro thread.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Aaargh!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

That's a completely other place in my mind, apples and oranges. I am a seller too but I don't offer the same stuff as there. Buyers that want our stuff shop here. We have to pay that shipping and we work it in.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply