cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messaging seller

Why is the "message a seller" not working? Tried 3 dif browsers.  Send button won't highlight. Page has a spinning circle arrow on top. Trying to load something. I guess another ebay coder needs to be fired.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

messaging seller

Sending a message is working for me in Firefox on a Windows 10 machine.

What browsers have you tried? Latest version? Desktop or mobile?

Try another browser or another mode (mobile, classic, desktop). Or try the eBay app.

Try contacting the seller from the seller's feedback or profile page using the contact link there.

Try signing in to ebay.ca and see if you can send a message from there.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Having the same problem trying to contact a buyer.  Just the site navigation at the top loads, and then the blue spinning circle.  eBay rep on Twitter said this is not happening to any other users, but that's clearly not true!  I tried multiple browsers and cleared cache and cookies.  Same result regardless.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Tried everything except app and just tried ebay.ca. Nothing worked.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

What operating system are you using?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Android.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Subscribed, I’m having the same problem.   Accessing thru “contact” on users profile page, that’s exactly what happens.  I’ve tried mobile, desktop, cookies.  On safari.

another issue for me is the accept decline and counter offer buttons don’t work.  Ever since Wednesday night Thursday morning update.  

same thing I’ve called customer service a couple of times, supposedly filed a service ticket with a tech department nobody can actually talk to.   One laughed at me and said no one else having this problem.  Meanwhile I’ve lost $250 in sales (5 offers now expired, and I can’t even message them)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Update.  Works on android tablet. Still not working on android phone.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

messaging seller

Update. Works on android tablet. Still not working on android phone.

Do you have the latest version of the eBay app on both?

I am able to send messages using either app or browser on my Android phone.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply