cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay requires login EVERY TIME? please get fresh monkees to do site coding

So last night, ebay started requiring me to log in EVERY TIME I go there (cookies are working normally). Checking off the remember me box does jack. it remembers my name but I have to enter the password which is getting fcking annoying since I want to check in on my activity many times a day. This problem is a result of a change made to the log in process, re-coded by the monkees who type and eventually produce a product which is uploaded with insufficeint testing to see if any clients have problems. I am one of the sellers who still use a COMPUTER rather than a telephone for my internet/ebay work so coding pages to appear better on a 4 inch screen is bullfeces. I know it is tough coding for all platforms but christ, shouldn't a computer browser functionality be considered rather than dismissed over coding for phone screens? IF you are going to change something, please find a computer for testing or better yet, stop reinventing the wheel. I now have to wait a loong time for **bleep** banner ads to load because ebay does not control the content coding from it (expect trojan cookies anytime folks). Gues I can call "Support" now and complain about the log in change which is old after having to log in mutiple times this morning (excuuuusssseee mmmeeeeee for closing/reopening my browser).

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You say cookies are working normally -- I presume this means that your browser is set up to accept cookies and not to delete them when you close the browser, and your eBay cookie is not being blocked. But have you tried deleting all eBay-related cookies? Might be a good idea to clear your browser cache as well.

eBay has been making a lot of changes recently, and each change increases the chance of a cookie becoming corrupted. If you can try a different browser and not encounter this repeated sign-in problem, that would also point to a possible problem with your cookies or cache.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm also having the same problem on my computer on bothe Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@rdj831

I believe that Edge and Explorer use different cookies, but they do share other system resources, so it might be worth trying Firefox or Chrome to see if the same problem appears.

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 seems to be working as expected for me.

Also Explorer 11.228.17134.0 on my Windows 10 (to update 1803) machine.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@eburtonlab

I completely cleared both Microsoft caches of everything and still not fixed.

My machine is also windows 10 1803.

It works on Chrome but I dont want to use a separate browser from all of my other activity. I only have Chrome on my machine because my wife uses it.

I'm not interested in installing Firefox and using it for the same reason. What good is it if I have to use a separate browser?

The fact that it works on Chrome makes me surmise that eBay has been optimized for Android and probably Apple mobile platforms. Windows mobile is being ignored because there are not enough people using it. Ebay no longer even supports an app for Windows phone. I now have to carry a laptop with me for eBay portability.

No, I dont want an Android nor Apple phone. Android installs undeletable popups and programs without permission. Apple holds peoples pocketbooks for ransom.

Microsoft products have been seamless and worked fine for me the past 5 years and now there is an issue...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@rdj831

I completely cleared both Microsoft caches of everything and still not fixed.

Sorry that didn't fix it; that's about the extent of my knowledge on this subject. If you don't mind losing some of your customizations, you might consider going beyond the browsing history, cookies and cache and cached data and files, and try deleting passwords and permissions. If you look at "manage permissions" in Edge, I think you can delete things on a site-by-site basis.

It works on Chrome but I dont want to use a separate browser from all of my other activity. I only have Chrome on my machine because my wife uses it.

Don't blame you there. My wife also only uses Chrome on this machine, so she has everything set up to her preferences and I tend to leave it to her. I generally use Firefox, myself, and I would not be happy at all if eBay kept logging me out.

I suspect, but it's only a suspicion, that if you reset enough of the settings for Edge or Explorer you could get it to work with eBay, but I don't really know for sure.

Maybe pick whichever one you use least (or has fewest customizations) and keep deleting things until you have basically reset the entire browser or it starts working with eBay again.

Do you have another machine or laptop you could experiment on? I wish I had more or better suggestions you could try.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It's a conspiracy against all of us. It's a plot cooked up by republicans headed by Donny T.

Bet he's going to Tweet about. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Seems I read that they changed the default for staying "signed in" from a checked box to an unchecked box. That way people are logged out so that others don't get into the account.

May, or may not be the reason.

Good for some, not good for others.  I don't mind having to log in.

May now need to check the box to stay logged in.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Happening to me also

i like to check in several times a day to see my items i am selling. asks me to log in everytime. NOTHING is wrong with my browser or cookies or cache as ALL my other websites work fine.

they need to fix this and check there updates before implementing them. I will not waste my time calling tech-support because i dont think i have that much time left in my life.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I do agree. It is getting cumbersome to Log into Ebay every time. The Holidays are coming. I hope Ebay gets its act together soon. I really don't want to list anymore items until this issue is resolved. I DO have a Real Life!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You can not stay logged in because Ebay made a change and thought it unnecessary to test before sending it live.  It would have been simple to log in and then close the page to see if it was holding the password. It would have been simple to see if the stay logged in feature was working but no. As with all of the changes they have been making it would cost to much for the outsourced idiot implementing the changes to test to see if they did their work correctly so now users can not stay logged. You would think keeping buyers online and able to make purchases would be a priority. Yet again ebay has slipped up but wants buyers and sellers to trust them with their bank info over PAYPAL what a joke. The company they are switching to cant even run ETSY's site properly. They are having the same issues as on Ebay and despite Ebay insisting it will save sellers money their current rate is twice that of Paypal. Sellers will not be able to get their money instantly like on Paypal so shipping labels will not be able to be purchased till the money is cleared by them. However the first hurdle is that most of the time buyers can not complete a purchase. You would think that close to a whole summer of constant problems someone at Ebay would realize this is a bad idea and stop doubling down on stupid choice.

But then again ebay cant do something simple like teach its spell checking program to recognize their own name lmao.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply