cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Automatically enrolled us into "Ebay International Shipping" and received Vero Complaint

Hi,

We had set all of our listings to "Domestic only" as we have had previous issues with vero complaints for the "Parallel Import Policy" when listing Levi's jeans.

Unbeknownst to us ebay made a change enrolling us (and I'm assuming everyone else) into the "Ebay International Shipping" program making our listings available for sale internationally.

We have now received a Vero complaint and had many listings removed because of this. We have opted out so this will not happen again but eBay you need to be aware that automatically enrolling people into this can cause this problem.

I would appreciate it if someone from eBay responds to this post and looks into this issue. Thanks.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

eBay Automatically enrolled us into "Ebay International Shipping" and received Vero Complaint

Did you enroll in international shipping a while back? I never had eBay's auto-enroll me for anything without something on my end

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

I’m inclined to believe that the VeRO complaint is unrelated to your “adoption” of eBay International Shipping and that the timing of the complaint is just a coincidence.  Is there anything in the message you received from eBay that indicates or suggests that the complaint is from a non-US source?

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

This is just a guess @phesp, but a possible scenario is that you previously had GSP enabled, but weren't actively using it on your listings. GSP can be enabled at the account level yet disabled at the listing level.

Then when your account was included as 'eligible' in the phased roll out of eIS (which is replacing GSP), there was a tech issue that caused the system to recognize that you were enrolled at the account level, but fail to recognize that you weren't actively using it at the listing level. Like I said, this is just an educated guess. Do you recall if your account had GSP enabled at the account level?

GSP.png

Since eIS is a phased rollout in its early stages, it's too early to tell if this is an isolated incident. I'm on alert for more reports about this setting.

Based on your post there appears to be a tech issue or bad programming, but it's unclear exactly what that issue is. I'd contact eBay CS and get a report filed.

Really stinks that this happened, especially since you were intentionally not using GSP on those listings previously due to the parallel import VeRO. 🙁

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Okay, I re-read your post and I suspect I’m spewing nonsense.  Carry on!  Nothing to see here!

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

y

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Yes this was the root cause and it has been disabled. We went to great lengths to avoid this exact complaint and DEFINITELY never enrolled in the Global Shipping Program.

I just want eBay to be aware that this is a potential issue for other people. I am 100% sure we did not enable it and it was done automatically on our account. Because of this I'm sure there are others in our exact situation that will get Vero Complaints in the future because of this change eBay made.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for that added info @phesp.

Hey devon@ebay - I realize the OP has to contact CS to create a ticket for this, but wanted to bring this to your attention so you can keep an eye out for additional reports and possibly let the shipping team know about this discussion. They may want to be alerted directly to check out the OP's account because this has potential to be a large issue as the International Shipping rollout continues.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks for that added info @phesp.

Hey devon@ebay - I realize the OP has to contact CS to create a ticket for this, but wanted to bring this to your attention so you can keep an eye out for additional reports and possibly let the shipping team know about this discussion. They may want to be alerted directly to check out the OP's account because this has potential to be a large issue as the International Shipping rollout continues.

Hey @wastingtime101! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be sure to be on the lookout for more reports like this and will also get this shared with the Shipping Team. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Hey @phesp - the word is getting out. You may have saved some other sellers from the same fate.

Beware Migration to New eBay Shipping Program 

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Hi there,

We too seem to have been auto enrolled and we then opted out again. This has happened no fewer than 10 times this year.  Have ebay replied to you stating that they have had technical issues? Or is there somewhere ebay have posted that this has been a technical issue?

Thanks

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Hi Devon,

Has Ebay published any information as to this being a technical error? it seems to be affecting a lot of users on this thread and others but ebay doesn't seem to have acknowledged the issue?

Thanks

james

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I was just forced enrolled today this is more desperate ebay **bleep**. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Here's an example email

automatic-enrollment.png

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I got the email saying I was in this "Ebay International Shipping" program... so I  just opted out immediately but it said it takes 24 hours. total **bleep**. 😠

It should be an OPTION to OPT-IN (vs automatically be opted in...that should absolutely be illegal IMO)

I will NEVER ship internationally again - nothing but trouble! 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply