cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact seller page wont load

i click on contact seller and a little circle keeps spinning and page wont load all the way. 

the send message button is grey so you cannot click on it.

????

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

What page are you on?

Sending a message is working for me in Firefox on a Windows 10 machine.

What browsers have you tried? Latest version? Desktop or mobile?

Try another browser or another mode (mobile, classic, desktop). Or try the eBay app.

Try contacting the seller from the seller's feedback or profile page using the contact link there.

Try signing in to ebay.ca and see if you can send a message from there.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Having the same problem trying to contact a buyer, except that I don't see any button (greyed out or otherwise).  Just the site navigation at the top, and then the blue spinning circle.  eBay rep on Twitter said this is not happening to any other users, but that's clearly not true!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

im on firefox with a windows 7 desktop.

but its worked perfectly fine until yesterday.

i just messaged a bunch of sellers the other day.

both of these didnt work. neither did clearing cache/cookies.:

Try contacting the seller from the seller's feedback or profile page using the contact link there.

Try signing in to ebay.ca and see if you can send a message from there.

tried IE & chrome browsers, still the same.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

They apparently did some "under the hood" changes that affect browsers that are older than required to use the new code. I use Waterfox because I want a working classic theme restorer. Mozilla is a garbage company that broke Firefox to make it useless, disabled plugins people liked AND have remote kill code that can disable your plugins anyway which you cannot block(and their politics are awful). As of now the contact page, the "accept offer" window & a few other features don't work. I have to open those pages in Chrome now- of which I'd use but there's no classic theme plugin, fewer reliable ad blocker plugins(I'm not risking a malware payload so some site owner can make 2 cents) & modern browser designs are complete trash.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the tip!  I tried several browsers yesterday, but did not try Chrome.  I tried it today, and it did work.  It's great as a temporary fix, but I hope they fix whatever the issue is, because I normally use Firefox, and do not want to go into Chrome every time I want to send a simple message (particularly since eBay made me go through 5 or 6 of those "mind games" selecting horses off a grid, which they rarely if ever do when I'm on Firefox).  Thanks again!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

tried chrome again today its working there now.

thanks

lessthanthreerecords & 47acc_37
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

It seems the powers that be have decreed that all personal and private browsers such as Dissenter will be locked out of sending messages via eBay in the hope of asking sellers questions. I have been onto ebay and was given some shpeal about this being a "Technical glitch" and was told to use another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google etc. I refuse to use Google as basically thy just pry on your privacy and track you wherever you go so I deleted Google  a LONG time ago but Firefox locks and jams all the time so I will carry on using dissenter which is a private browser and if this issue ISN'T resolved after 19 years of being a buyer and seller on eBay I will be closing my account.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

eBay recommends using the latest version of one of the browsers mentioned here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

Other browsers may work, but they may not work for every feature reliably.

From time to time, eBay may update something, and that may cause some browsers to stop working. In that case, trying another browser, or a newer version, may be worthwhile.

You are welcome to use any browser you prefer, but if you do run into a site issue, consider temporarily using one of the recommended browsers for that specific purpose.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ultimate_collectables wrote:

i click on contact seller and a little circle keeps spinning and page wont load all the way. 

the send message button is grey so you cannot click on it.

????

@ultimate_collectables 

@lessthanthreerecords 

@eburtonlab 

The same is happening to me, just now, trying to contact a buyer and just get the spinning, on a MAC desktop, Safari

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Try using the latest version of Chrome instead of Safari. Several users have indicated that Chrome worked better.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Try using the latest version of Chrome instead of Safari. Several users have indicated that Chrome worked better.

@eburtonlab   Using the new 'messaging experience' for contacting ebay members works, plus I like the new format better

Message 12 of 12
latest reply