cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your refund did not go through. Please try again later or contact us. 11-17-2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having refund issues to ebay buyers.  "Your refund did not go through. Please try again later or contact us. "  Everyday same issue. I know eBay knows this is going.  I already got ding before because I asked for help.  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your refund did not go through. Please try again later or contact us. 11-17-2020

Are you trying to refund a transaction that was paid for with PayPal?  or are you in Managed Payments? 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

On the first page of the refund make sure you have selected a reason for the refund.  There's a small line at the top with an arrow down menu.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If you are paying with PayPal, make sure you have enough cash in your account to cover the full refund amount including taxes and fees that may have been taken out.

You may want to try refunding using a desktop browser -- that may at least provide an error message that is more easily understood, if it does not actually go through.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Same here and tried everything but in vain! I'm following the steps of a partial refund process and got funds both on Paypal and Visa Card! whats going on with eBay??

returnId=5170825796&errorId=1764

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@operations1985 

Looking up that error code:

1764 ERROR Your refund did not go through. Please try again later or contact us.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@eburtonlab Yeah I saw the error type, but it is not clear what is the problem and how to fix it on my end. Any ideas? Thanks.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@operations1985 

You said in another thread that your transaction is on hold due to a case. What is the disposition of the case? An ongoing case could certainly complicate a refund -- particularly if funds are on hold and may go back to the buyer.

I would suggest contacting eBay or trying again later.

If you still want to send the partial refund, make sure you have enough free cash in your PayPal account (not including the transaction funds on hold) for the refund.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

why they give me new bank card and I try order on eBay why not working??????? Why they give me new bank card why not working on eBay when I try to buy why not working with my new bank card???????? I don't understand that ? I am not very happy with this ? What HELL is this ? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

And wasce of my times on my bank card why not working on eBay ???? 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

No I am try pay on  metro bank debit card not pay pal 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@kirwal7164 

You may want to start your own thread on the UK boards, rather than tacking on to an unrelated three-year-old thread on the US boards.

Try purchasing on ebay.co.uk and make sure your seller actually ships to the UK. Or try a different payment method. Or a different browser or a different device.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply