cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Technical Site Issue

Anyone else who has a store on ebay notice your categories are gone?  Began 1 hr ago 8/5/21.  Tested on various browsers, pcs, & phones, cleared cache, etc..

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Yet Another Technical Site Issue

@m60driver wrote:

Oh well, it is Friday down in the Bay area so don't expect those folks down there to fix this issue before Monday.  

Looks like I will have to eat my words, they actually solved the issue Friday evening.

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

The default store display is list, which only shows 4 items.  By selecting gallery I can see lots more items for sale.

I notice GTC items in most stores show shipping, either free or the calculated shipping cost.  However in both my stores my GTC fixed price listings do NOT show shipping.  Another glitch...

@mr_lincoln 

For Intl shipping they still needs to correct the fact that the shipping displayed on the front page does note that there may be delays caused by customs processing. This is not noted when you open the calculator or the page that shows a purchases ETA.

According to the Intl postal websites regarding VAT and customs processing *UK/Denmark 2 known examples) both state expect delays. Same thing can affect deliveries from Canada to the USA, USA to Canada either through the Chicago black hole and/or GSP. This does not factor in the current labor disruptions with CP border officials and how they are doing there job until the situation is resolved with regular USPS shipments.

-Lotz

Note: This is as per dot ca. Have not compared dot com and Intl sites in detail lately. Consistency between sites is "you fill in the blank".

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@mr_lincoln   Mine have started back up this morning - so obviously in harmony with the return of the categories showing.  I even got a personal email from eBay with an apology and informing me of the fix.  THAT never happened before.  So....all's well ... until the next glitch anyway.  Take care.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@myhomeschooldelights wrote:

@mr_lincoln   Mine have started back up this morning - so obviously in harmony with the return of the categories showing.  I even got a personal email from eBay with an apology and informing me of the fix.  THAT never happened before.  So....all's well ... until the next glitch anyway.  Take care.

@myhomeschooldelights   Glitches normally follow announcements that start with, "We are excited to ... " or "We've improved your experience .... "

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 49 of 52
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

@m60driver wrote:

Oh well, it is Friday down in the Bay area so don't expect those folks down there to fix this issue before Monday.  

Looks like I will have to eat my words, they actually solved the issue Friday evening.

@m60driver   The issue never should have seen the light of day ... why are Sellers the ones catching this stuff and not the programmers of eBay employees?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 50 of 52
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@m60driver wrote:

@m60driver   The issue never should have seen the light of day ... why are Sellers the ones catching this stuff and not the programmers of eBay employees?

There are always ghosts in the machine.  I am sure Ebay noticed immediately but once again, and this is my primary gripe, they make no notice or mention and force us to guess on these boards.  I am still a bit peeved about a major glitch about two years ago that forced many of us to spend hours of our time trying to figure out an issue and to change our passwords.  There were no notices ever posted and of course no apologies offered after the fact, typical corporate arrogance.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@m60driver wrote:

There are always ghosts in the machine.  I am sure Ebay noticed immediately but once again, and this is my primary gripe, they make no notice or mention and force us to guess on these boards.  I am still a bit peeved about a major glitch about two years ago that forced many of us to spend hours of our time trying to figure out an issue and to change our passwords.  There were no notices ever posted and of course no apologies offered after the fact, typical corporate arrogance.

The other situation that was not too long ago was the Photos issue. It did not happen to affect me but I do recall all the sellers it caused major work for them to fix 1000's upon 1000's of listings. There was an apology after the fact, limited in the way of compensation(free listings?) and it was implied they would do better going forward. Queue Britney!!! We'll never truly know how much any of these "ooopsies" will affect a sellers business or traffic.

-Lotz

Message 52 of 52
latest reply