cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We do not support this bank. Please add a different bank account.

Whenever I try to add my bank of america account for payouts. I get hit with the same error message everytime, I’ve tried the app and browser version as-well. I have a wire routing number and a paper and electronic routing number, which one do I use and why won’t ebay accept my bank when it says they do?

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: We do not support this bank. Please add a different bank account.

Dig out your old checkbook and use the routing number that's on one of your checks.

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Is this a BOA Merrill Lynch account?  You may have to open an account with a different bank and make sure it's a real bank and not a financial services company.

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

Were you able to figure it out?  Mine is the same way

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Some things that may help with linking or editing your bank account for Managed Payments:

Go to https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin and click on edit your payout method. Click on the "+" Add payment option. Select the bank and click continue. Add the new bank, which will overwrite the old bank information.

Instead of selecting your bank from the pull down menu, scroll all the way to the end and click on "My bank is not on the list" to enter the information manually.

Make sure you are using your bank's preferred ACH routing number for online deposits, as it often is different than the one preceding your account number on your checks.  Call your bank and ask for the one to use on ebay.

Make sure your name is exactly the same on your ebay account as it is on your the bank account. Change the ebay name if needed, you can change it back later.

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

How long does it take to have the name changed? I see its updated, but now when I go to add my account, its using the older name without my middle name.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

The name change should be effective immediately.  Go back and make sure it got saved to your profile.

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

My name matches the account, BUT when it's on the add account page, it leaves out my initial. SO it won't match the bank if ebay doesn't pull the right info over.

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

@leenebee  Clear your browser's cache and refresh the page to make sure you are looking the current data.  Name and middle initial must match exactly.

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

After 40 plus name changes and trying to get EBAY to bring over Middle Initial and "SR", it will not recognize my bank. This is some BullSh*T... Ebay should have programmers looking at this mess. 

Does anyone know how to talk with EBAY LIVE? No one wants to pay fees for another Bank or Bank Card because of a programming issue. 

Bottom Line -
It will NOT pull over Middle Initial (Even after clearing Cache files)
There is NO Entry point for SR, JR, III Etc.

HELP!!!! EBAY is holding users funding with clear line of site on how they will fix it.... 

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

@excalibur0911Try adding the Sr/Jr/III after the name in the last name box...........

I had to change from John Doe to John H Doe..........and added the middle initial to the lst name box and it worked fine.........

That said..........not sure how it's going to help if they don't recognize the bank.  They (at the time I signed up) would not ok some credit unions

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

@excalibur0911 

For the past year, eBay has been rejecting the BofA routing number for accounts in Georgia and telling sellers to use another bank.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Are they able to help if you call?

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

@brmidd-73 

Customer service is able to help with the more basic issues. They may have to escalate more difficult questions to a supervisor.

Scroll to the bottom of this help page and click the "Contact us" button. Type "agent" into the chat that opens.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method/up...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Interesting information uncovered....

After speaking with (2) international Ebay Customer Reps and (1) US Based eBay reps, I have solved the Bank of America issue.

Ebay CS explained to me on a call that they block Banks in individual states based on some random classification they do internally. They add and limit banks by state without notifying Sellers. 

In my state of Georgia, the Rep told me, (Bank of America, Chase & Wells Fargo), CANNOT be linked to an eBay sellers account. When asked how do sellers know this, their response was, you have to open and account and use the submission screen. I specifically asked why this is explained on their site and where can sellers find a list on supported banks, the customer Rep said there is no list, just Ebay Reps know internally.

In a nut shell:

- Ebay randomly blocks Bank in individual states, without notifying sellers

- Ebay does not share this information openly

- Ebay will not supply a list of "Blocked" banks

- Ebay insists if sellers want their funds, they must provide acceptable bank account details that are supported by ebay, even though you do not know Ebay, banks are supported or not supported.

Side learning - Ebay had no problem taking selling fees from my Bank of America account via PayPal within seconds of the completion of a transaction, but I, (the seller), can use either to collect my funds.... Yet more big tech being less than transparent, disingenuous, and fraudulent...

(((Heads off to find banks that offer free checking, with no minimum balances, that may conform to Ebays acceptable funding practices for the State of Georgia)))

Message 15 of 54
latest reply