cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variations & combinations

I've been a business seller for 14 years.

I'm unable to add new variations and combinations.

I've changed back and forth to the 'Classic view' and 'New listing tool' however the issue still persists.

I've tried using a different browser, emptying cache, clear history.

The issue also persists on the app.

This has been ongoing for over a week as far as I know.

I want an update from ebay when they expect to fix this major issue.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Variations & combinations

I too have had this issue and reported it to eBay this morning.

I am able to add new colours or sizes but to then add new combination am unable to do this.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have called about 20 times already.  For me started happening Wednesday of last week. So it has been more than 9 days already and all I get is that they are creating a ticket and to call back in 24 hours. I have inventory piling up and lots of options to my products I am unable to sell due to this. I would like to see how is eBay going to somehow address the loses we have had during this time. I would expect that a big corporation like eBay to have a top of the line technical team, or at least care about the sellers that use this platform. This shows that neither of those are true

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I too am experiencing this problem for over two weeks now. Basic features not working.

The "Add variation" button is broken. Cannot delete a variation combination. Broken buttons, broken pages. Very silly.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@gothicrockabilly wrote:

I've been a business seller for 14 years.

I'm unable to add new variations and combinations.

I've changed back and forth to the 'Classic view' and 'New listing tool' however the issue still persists.

I've tried using a different browser, emptying cache, clear history.

The issue also persists on the app.

This has been ongoing for over a week as far as I know.

I want an update from ebay when they expect to fix this major issue.

Your issue is most likely caused by an ebay message I received a short time ago on the topic of listings with variations. Unable to confirm how to fix/modify my affected 18 listed to make them compliant. (As far as I know there was no official announcement on the topic.) Kicks in May 9, 2022. Personally the silliest part about this info is the last line. Maybe that's just me.

-Lotz

@thelabelsoutlet 

@r2wireless 

@elklandgiftshq 

To reduce buyer confusion and create a more consistent shopping experience across Item Conditions, condition-and grade-related variants (e.g., “very good,” “good,” “Grade A,” “Grade B”) as custom multi-SKU variant options will be removed in the listing experience for the below categories. This change will occur on May 9, 2022 and it will be permanent.

• Portable Audio & Headphones(ID:15052)

• Headphones(ID:112529)

• Audio Docks & Mini Speakers(ID:111694)

• Portable Stereos & Boomboxes(ID:48626)

• Home Audio(ID:184973)

• Video Game Consoles(ID:139971)

• Home Surveillance(ID:48633)

• Smart Speakers, Hubs & Accessories(ID:185034)

• Vacuum Cleaners(ID:20614)

• Small Kitchen Appliances(ID:20667)

• Camera Drones(ID:179697)

• Digital Cameras(ID:31388)

• Camcorders(ID:11724)

• Lenses & Filters(ID:78997)

• Outdoor Power Equipment(ID:29518)

• Air Tools & Air Compressors(ID:85759)

• Power Tool & Air Tool Accessories(ID:260176)

To ensure a smooth transition on May 9th, we encourage you to remove conditions and grades as variants in your listings starting today, and to update your item descriptions to accurately describe the product condition.

For any listings with condition or grade related Multi-SKU variants within these categories, you will need to create new listings for each variation by May 9, 2022. After this date any listings still containing condition or grade related Multi-Sku variants will be ended.

If you use a third-party tool to manage your listings on eBay, we recommend you work with your third-party partner to update your existing listings or to create new ones before the dates above based on category. If you use eBay listing tools, we recommend the following approach:

1. 1.

Create a new listing for each condition variation (Grade A, Grade B, etc.) in the Used item condition.

2. 2.

Identify the condition variation in your listing title and item description. Examples of a strong title:

1. a.

“Dell Desktop 16GB RAM 512GB SSD 3.3GHZ Intel QuadCore Integrated Graphics Windows 10 Grade A”

Pro tip: Use Promoted Listings to boost your newly created listings in search

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi. Is everyone still experiencing this issue?

I contacted ebay just now and they said the issue has been resolved!

The issue is still ongoing for me.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This issue has been ongoing since last Wednesday. Next time something like this comes up you can check out the technical issues forum. Review the pinned post first to see if there is an open tech ticket and provide the required info to CS so you can be added to the ticket.

After that, scroll down the forum to see if there's an existing discussion where other posters have discovered work-arounds to help until the problem is fixed (in this case, using the automated process instead of the manual process).

Use the below info when you contact CS. The more users added to the ticket, the higher priority it gets in the fix queue.

Unable to add new variations to existing listing using Add Combination feature

Reference ID: ALERT13702

Provide Member ID:
Provide Screenshot:
Provide Steps taken:
Provide Sample item number:

@gothicrockabilly @elklandgiftshq @r2wireless @thelabelsoutlet @lotzofuniquegoodies 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@gothicrockabilly wrote:

@wastingtime101 

@elklandgiftshq 

@r2wireless 

@thelabelsoutlet 

According to Tyler/Jasmen..who both have responded to my dot ca post, eBay is still looking into it. By my interpretation Variations are now a thing of the past. Going forward each item needs to be a listing of its own. But that is only my interpretation. Otherwise "certain listings" will be ended with no acknowledment. I received an email about this change but details were foggy.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Condition-related-Multi-SKU-variants-are-being-removed-i...

-Lotz

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies - that's not what's changing. Velvet clarified that e-mail in this post yesterday. That e-mail was sent to sellers based on category without factoring in whether or not those sellers (a) used variations and (b) used "condition" as a variation attribute. The only thing going away is the ability to use "condition" as a variation attribute.

That change is completely separate from the issue the OP and other posters brought up. You can review the discussion I linked to in my earlier post for more details. This is a (confirmed by eBay) technical error that started last Wednesday. It has nothing to do with the MSKU/Condition change.

If you have additional questions about the MSKU/Condition change I'm sure Velvet would be happy to help within this discussion👍

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for the clarification. When I used the tool with my listings it flagged 18 of them but didn't specify problems.  On none condition was a header.  That's why I followed up with Tyler on ca right after receiving the message. I was mainly concerned about MY listings going poof and not having the time to resolve any issues if they did.

-Lotz

PS. As a side note...getting error message and unable to send whenever there are emoticons attached. Remove and they send fine.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

PS. As a side note...getting error message and unable to send whenever there are emoticons attached. Remove and they send fine.

You should post on the community platform feedback board @lotzofuniquegoodies about the emoji error - Sheila from the eBay team and I were discussing it a short while ago on the pinned discussion. It will help if she gets reports from other users. Let her know which browser (and version) you're using.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I am currently able to click on the "Add Combination" button and it works as it should(!!!), so I am able to add listings to my variation listings as usual.

How's everybody else doing?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply