cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Start Promoted Listings Standard Campaigns - 22K Items Listed

Anyone else unable to start a promoted listing standard campaign, tonight?  We ended our previous campaigns almost 2 hours ago.  Normally, within 1 hour we can start our next set of campaigns.  Right now, it is stuck at only 190 listings available for promotion out of 22K + .  

devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay 

eBayPromotedListingIssue1.PNG

Listings are showing available for promotion on mobile version:

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 8.47.38 PM.jpg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Unable To Start Promoted Listings Standard Campaigns - 22K Items Listed

@hk-resale wrote:

elizabeth@ebay devon@ebay @yoursize4less @vivabe 

Hello, just wanted to give an update this morning, as of 02-23-2023.  We are still seeing no results when running a Promoted Listing Standard campaign.  Including screenshot to show results.  

EbayPromotedStandardIssue.PNG

Below are general impressions, page views and sales results.  Please note: our repeat customer base is accounting for all of our units sold.

EbayPromotedStandardIssue1.PNG

Hi @hk-resale. The shipping team wanted to follow up with some great news:

"Hi! We wanted to circle back with an update. The ads team has resolved the issue that was slowing down the time it takes for a promoted listings campaign to launch. You should no longer experience this issue and campaigns should launch within the timeframe you are accustomed to. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention"

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay  

Elizabeth, this is not fixed!  I ended a PL campaign last night after midnight (2/26), it ended fine, but when I started a new one, only 57 items populated.  It should be 1413.  I left it alone overnight b/c I remember reading about this issues from @valueaddedresource  , but it is now approx 8 hours later & only 57 items are still in my promotion.  

ETA:  FWIW, mine does not say processing, it says Active.  I use Automated PL's. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Just an update, ran some errands, it's almost 4PM local time & they are finally all there.  I can't remember the exact time I started the campaign, nor is it on my Campaigns page, but I believe it was around 3AM local time, which means it took almost 12 hours to populate. 

Normally it does it in minutes.  So there is still a problem.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you @eb2 

Just sharing our current results as of 2-27-2023 at 7:16 PM Est.  Impressions seem to be returning to normal, but very little activity in terms of offers, watchers and sales.

Also, not sure if this is related, but when we publish new listings 30-50 per day, our account seems to "pause" for 4-6 hours.  No offers, very little watcher activity.  It's as if our whole store is re-indexing.  We list every day, so if promoted listings standard indexing is not working properly, maybe this is happening also when we list new items.  We publish new listings in  a burst usually in the morning, and then another chunk towards the end of the work day 20-30 new listings.  

See below:

eBayPromotedStandardIssues2.27.2023.JPGeBayTraffic2.27.2023.JPG

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@hk-resale   My post was only to update elizabeth@ebay  that this is  NOT fixed.  So IDK if I'm seeing any of what you mentioned.  I have not had a PL sale since it finally populated, but since it's only been about 24 hours, I can't draw any conclusions from that, as I sometimes have days with no sales.  I don't accept offers, so that doesn't come into play for me.  I did notice that my watcher list has been pretty static since the new campaign started, but Mondays tend to be rather slow for me, so IDK if anything unusual is going on.   My impressions are down a bit, but not huge. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you elizabeth@ebay devon@ebay Thank you for the update Simply The Best For You.  We had poor sales over the day yesterday.  This morning I went ahead and ended our PL standard campaigns, waited 1 hour and then restarted.  This time I put everything into 1 PL standard campaign instead of separating out by categories - we usually run 3 separate campaigns.  Still holding to see if this changes anything.  Will update later this evening.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply