cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Numbers are Vanishing Again!

I'm starting to lose my Tracking numbers again.  They are disappearing from The "Manage Your Orders" list in Selling Hub.  Started yesterday 8/10/2021.  This morning even more tracking numbers have vanished.  Still says the product was shipped but to add tracking. When  I click on the "add tracking" the numbers are already there.....just not in the Hub List anymore.    

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hmmmm.....not experiencing this problem.  So from SH, "Orders", scrolling down to paid and shipped and clicking that, the tracking is gone.  Are you in Managed Payments?  If you go to an order details is the tracking number there?  It sounds like it is not if it is asking you to add tracking.  Did you purchase the shipping label through eBay or another service?   Somewhere there is a disconnect.  I'd try logging out, back in, clearing cache/cookies just to be thorough.  Maybe try another browser as well.  If you still don't see previously entered tracking numbers, I'd contact eBay - click the help icon, ask for a call back.  If that doesn't work, go through the eBay for Business FB page and send a private message that way.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I am the original poster on this "pinned" problem. It was corrected by eBay a few months ago.  And now it is back. Calling them was and is a waste of time. The first time  enough people had this problem that the Moderator contacted the programming team themselves.  If  it keeps up, I may go to the eBay Facebook page and send a message there.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I am also having this problem. As well as a few months ago. I use Pirate Ship and the majority of time, the tracking uploads correctly. Now, the tracking is not there unless. It tells me to click add tracking but when I do, the tracking is there, it just does not show.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

same here, when I click on the "add tracking" the next page shows the tracking numbers entered, but as soon as you confirm them the page returns to  "add tracking" again

and yes I am in managed payments, using edge, mozilla, chrome, ios 14, or mobile doesnt make any difference

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It's 8/31 and this issue has been going on all month. Buyers keep asking me for tracking numbers and asking if items have shipped because they can't see the tracking!! This is one of the basic requirements that eBay needs to handle...this is ridiculous.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@tod184 wrote:

I'm starting to lose my Tracking numbers again.  They are disappearing from The "Manage Your Orders" list in Selling Hub.  Started yesterday 8/10/2021.  This morning even more tracking numbers have vanished.  Still says the product was shipped but to add tracking. When  I click on the "add tracking" the numbers are already there.....just not in the Hub List anymore.    

@tod184 I've added you all to an open ticket for this issue. While tracking can be seen in the View Order Details, I realize it is frustrating to not see it from the Hub's Order page. I'll follow-up here if I have news to share or the tech team asks for any additional info. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No tracking numbers are appearing on my purchased details  again, although the items are marked shipped. Started again on my order details on 08/31/2021 after having been normal for a week!  It does NOT show when clicking  "view order details" on a buyer's page either!  Tracking JUST never appears and is marked shipped. I messaged 2 sellers about uploading tracking on my recent orders and they just IGNORED me, like it is supposed to work that way. It happens, ebay "fixes" it and it  reappears sometime later, up to 2 years  but many times in days or a few weeks.  It has not had a permanent fix since 2017.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Something I left out of my previous post!  The Ebay email notification to buyers that shipping is occurring or has occurred ALSO does NOT include tracking info in that email nor the statement that a tracking number has been provided. It just gives an estimated delivery date and no reference to tracking info beginning on the night of 08/30/2021.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm experiencing this same problem. Tracking numbers are technically there, but are not showing up. Also, when I go to the order details page, and click the dropdown to show shipping details, nothing shows up. And if I click contact buyer on that page, it just takes me to the main messages screen instead of starting an actual message. Very frustrating. I've been noticing it for at least a few weeks.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@transamcc wrote:

No tracking numbers are appearing on my purchased details  again, although the items are marked shipped. Started again on my order details on 08/31/2021 after having been normal for a week!  It does NOT show when clicking  "view order details" on a buyer's page either!  Tracking JUST never appears and is marked shipped. I messaged 2 sellers about uploading tracking on my recent orders and they just IGNORED me, like it is supposed to work that way. It happens, ebay "fixes" it and it  reappears sometime later, up to 2 years  but many times in days or a few weeks.  It has not had a permanent fix since 2017.

I can't believe this is happening again so soon after the last incident! So far I don't see my tracking numbers vanishing this week- I wonder if I somehow managed to escape it this time. I'll come back to let you know if the numbers start vanishing again.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply