cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical error message when sending invoices

E-Bay keeps giving a technical error message when I try to send invoices to buyers that bought more than a couple of items and states try again later . Haven't been able to send these invoices for 2 days. Anyone else having that issue?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Hi, same here been trying to send a new combined shipping invoice since yesterday. When you click send invoice, page goes dim. At the top there is a big red box. It says   " ! Something went wrong. Please try again later." I have tried over and over for almost 2 days now. All I see is it getting more mixed up. Now it shows 2 different shipping prices that are there every time I try now. One is the old high price and one is the lower combined shipping price. Still it will not send the invoice.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Been happening to me for about a week now. Ridiculous.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

Multiple reports of this. Is there a ticket open for this? If so you can add me to it. Thanks.

For about a week I get the message "Something went wrong. Try again later."

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

I've been having this same problem off and on for a month.  At one time, it went through with repeated submissions (sometimes 5-6 times).  Now, nothing.  I've spoken to their team that deals with this with no updates or fixes.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I chatted with an eBay rep online last night. They said they entered a ticket, but didn't send me anything. It's a critical issue for me with buyers who want to combine shipping. 

This is what I shared with them:

-----------------

I have been having trouble with the Send Invoice page since last week. I have tried using it in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox with the same result. 

1. My buyer adds multiple items to their cart, then views their cart and clicks Request Invoice.
  2. eBay sends me a message I use to click Send Invoice. 
  3. I'm sent to the Send Invoice to Buyer page.
  4. After I change the shipping amount to give them a combined shipping discount, I click Send Invoice.
  5. The page grays out for about 5 seconds, then I get an error at the top of the page: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."
  6. The invoice was not sent.

I spent some time chatting with a rep last night, but I'm anxious to get this resolved so I can get paid for my orders. 

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

tyler@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

Multiple reports of this. Is there a ticket open for this? If so you can add me to it. Thanks.

For about a week I get the message "Something went wrong. Try again later."

I do see an open ticket about this. It notes that they're finding it's usually caused by an API delay and sellers can try to send a new invoice later, but it's still under review so I'd be happy to add your accounts to it   @carlqsportscards@danboivin, and @2396angel. I just need some item numbers so I can provide them with specific scenarios where you're running into this. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Hi,

Sales record number 38091

294817902445, 294817900566, 294817281440, 294815558944, 255390261435, 255388213479,  255330568342, 255212470122    Trying to send a revised shipping invoice on this order for 2 days. Has been a known issue in the Community since the 11th. Thanks

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

1. My buyer adds multiple items to their cart, then views their cart and clicks Request Invoice.
  2. eBay sends me a message I use to click Send Invoice. 
  3. I'm sent to the Send Invoice to Buyer page.
  4. After I change the shipping amount to give them a combined shipping discount, I click Send Invoice.
  5. The page grays out for about 5 seconds, then I get an error at the top of the page: "Something went wrong. Please try again later." In a big red box with an exclamation point"
  6. The invoice was not sent.
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Hi, thank you for the best detailed explanation. I haven't been able to send invoice requests for 2 days. I did copy and paste your explanation to a ticket request. Very good work and thanks. I have talked to a rep and they must not use the same eBay we do.  Your explanation was to the T.  Thanks for being in the Community!

Hopefully velvet@ebay can help us. You lose good repeat buyers over the silliest little problems.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

velvet@ebay  - thank you. Please add my account as well, if it's not already on there. I have tried repeatedly (maybe 15 times today) with no luck at different times of day.

Broken page URL w/ trans ID: https://www.ebay.com/sirt/si/view?from=sp&itemId=284584219697&transId=2374565614018#/

Items 284584219697, 284584230704, 284588627601, 284588632064, 284642509794, 284642522550

Thanks!

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

This happened to me when i had more than 10 items on an invoice and I had to remove enough items for it to send and then send another invoice with the remaining items. Super annoying. 

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Thanks @realmsofnight and @2396angel! I've added your details and the info you shared to the ticket. I'm happy to add yours as well @mass55th but I'll need some item numbers to submit along with your username. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Please add my account to the list.   I've tried to send some of these invoices over 20 times in the past few days.   Trying it over does not work.  Fixing the code will work.  If an API is failing then why would a coding fix be taking over a month to resolve?    It worked before, please make it work again.

Items to start: 194759336169 and 194767473424. 

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Velvet,

I just tried the broken invoice procedure again with a customer that has only 13 items.  Still failing over and over again.  Is there any place to see the status of this "ticket".  This is just taking too long to resolve and now, I'm starting to miss being paid because I can't send a proper invoice.

Thank you

E-Bay Invoice Problem-1.jpg

Message 15 of 52
latest reply