cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Promotions count not updating

The "Selling Promotions" count function is "stuck" on my account also. eBay gives me 250 free listings in July.  I know I posted 208 leaving 42 free promotions left.  eBay's count is stuck at 113 free listings left.  Simple math.   If eBay can't technically count listings, how do I know I've been paid properly?????

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@getagripnow,

I see that you list mostly auctions (about 95-98% auctions), and it looks like you take advantage of the 8 free relists with auction-format listings. Also, if you canceled any transactions at the buyer's request, or refunded because the buyer changed their mind, the auction will also be relisted automatically for free. I can see 834 closed listings, and 480 active listings, that were all started in July. Most likely, you have miscounted how many new listings you have created, and how many were auctions that relisted automatically.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

To find out about your payout amounts, go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub to view all their payment activity and payout details.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Selling Promotions count not updating, mine has been stuck on same count since 7/27, it did reload on the August 1  to zero in all categories, but again it's not counting as items relist or new listings .  So I also have no idea where I finished in July.  I guess we have to keep track until tech realize it is an issue . 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

My account is doing the same thing. I hope the issue is resolved soon. Good luck!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ok, glad I'm not alone. I relisted like crazy yesterday, kicking myself because I let 80-something free listings get wasted at the end of July, only to find that the counter still says I have 250 left. It's possible that I had less than 80 left before if it was a problem before Aug 1. I'm not worried about maxing them out at this point but I do wonder if it will magically change to be accurate or maybe I'll get more than 250 this month!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

anyone have any updates on this? I have seen other posts where people have contacted Ebay to no avail. I don't relish trying to keep track of how many listings I've done this month myself...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I've contacted eBay a couple of times regarding my number of free listings not updating. They told me both times that they are aware of the problem and working on a resolution. Not knowing previously that there was a problem, I went over my allotted amount since I was having to guess.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I'm having the same issue... If anyone hears any updates please post them here. Thank you!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

My selling promotions count started working  mid day today, yeah!   It is only showing item count for some of today's renewal, good til cancelled .  Hope your's is as well. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

ebay seems to be having  several platform problems. this suggest to be that they have been hacked . I am worried with all of the problems with managed payments, the inconsistent response of the shipping, and now the counter are down. I do not feel that eBay has the ability to protect my personal financial information. They have not been able to repair the counters for over a week. Post suggest this is a global problem. I think this should be a red flag to all of us  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Not Starting Working 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I called the end of July when I noticed this was not working to keep track of the count.  I also called again in August as it still shows I have 250 even though I have been listing.  They said they were aware of the problem and that I was not the only one.  Which my question is and I still have no answer, if I go over do I have to pay for the extra auctions or not.  I asked when I am paying them a monthly fee for my store, I should not have to be responsible all month to keep track of what I use or do not use?  Still no answer.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@gottagoon-2 wrote:

I called the end of July when I noticed this was not working to keep track of the count.  I also called again in August as it still shows I have 250 even though I have been listing.  They said they were aware of the problem and that I was not the only one.  Which my question is and I still have no answer, if I go over do I have to pay for the extra auctions or not.  I asked when I am paying them a monthly fee for my store, I should not have to be responsible all month to keep track of what I use or do not use?  Still no answer.

They assured me I wouldn't be charged fees however, I usually try to span my listings out over the month and I'm worried if I post too many, I won't have any left by the time they fix it.
I really wish they would just basically tell us "free listings until we fix it!" It's the least they could do!!!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

So today all of a sudden I have a "Get an extra 500 listings for free" promo in my offers and apparently that was keeping track of my listings since July 22nd when all of this nonsense started. So either they created that promo on purpose to give them time to fix the monthly listings counter or it was there all along but no one could see it? Anyone else? Super fishy.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply