cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not functioning at all

Entering any search for anything yields ZERO results. Tried going via categories and subcategories, makes no difference.  Nothing is currently searchable.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes at first it started with sold items but is getting worse just tried to search brand name "Canon" for active listings and 0 results -   eBay is aware and working on it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yes I am also getting this on mobile. Deleted and reinstalled app (iPhone) and no change. Must be a serious issue going on. Glad I am not the only one! And I thought eBay search couldn't get any worse.... hahahah

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Nothing works even the saved sellers show no item.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yes at first it started with sold items but is getting worse just tried to search brand name "Canon" for active listings and 0 results -   eBay is aware and working on it.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I get a red circle with an exclamation point and the following response: 

There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Also experiencing the same issue. Not good for anyone with auctions ending because their items cannot be searched and bid on.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Same problem here. Even the web version is not working. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am having the exact same problem.  It was working late last night, though.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Search is now working for me as of 2:30PM CST (on iPhone).

The trade off is now I have to deal with a newly designed "My eBay" page (at least on the iPhone App). Looks like crap, thanks eBay. God I hate these design updates. eBay, I would appreciate it if you spend the money you are paying some useless UX/UI "expert" on allowing us to save more searches or more items or anything, really, besides these junky redesigns. But, that's a topic for another thread and I've already ranted too much.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If a search that worked well previously suddenly starts behaving badly, often the problem has something to do with a faulty keyword substitution or an inappropriate automatic category navigation issue.

You can bypass many of these sorts of issues by putting one of your keywords in quotes. This forces eBay to bypass those "smart" search features and to search for the literal keywords without any substitution or category switching. You may have to manually specify your category once again.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

yeah, search hasn't worked for 3 weeks. nobody to call about it either. it worked fine for 21 years, now zippo.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Using a desktop browser, from your search results page, find the "Feedback?" icon in the lower right corner to fill out a survey about how search is working and to provide feedback to page developers about problems you are experiencing.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ebay is going out of business. Nothing to see here. Nobody works there anyway, so who cares?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply