cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search bar problem

Starting today (5/18/23), when eBay first loads, can put mouse over search bar and

click anywhere, cursor will follow - can fill in search item, etc. While eBay searches

and refreshes (animated icon) still can mouse over search bar and click. After

the page is loaded with the items, hovering mouse over search bar (just the top

of the page) and clicking - nothing works. Again, symptom just started...

All Listings, Accepts Offers, etc. on down is OK - can click on buttons. Just from

that up (eBay, Shop By Category, search bar, etc. on up - mouse won't function.

Using latest version Chrome. Btw, Edge seems to work OK.

Any ideas? Any changes to eBay pages over last day or so?

Tkx

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Search bar problem

Having the same issue. I can do one search but if I want to do another search, I have to open eBay in a new window. Hope this gets resolved soon for buyers!

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

If the problem only happens in one browser, try clearing your cache ("for all time") and manually deleting your eBay cookies.

Then try temporarily disabling add-ons to see if one is causing a conflict.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

I am having the same problem, tho' I first noticed it yesterday. I use Firefox.  I put in a search, then when I go back to search bar to change it I cannot put anything else in. If I open a new window, I can put in one search, then nothing!  I don't have this problem with any other site but ebay. So it's not my computer.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

I don't have this problem with any other site but ebay. So it's not my computer.

That does not actually rule out an issue with your computer or your browser, though.

I can search without any problems. That would seem to indicate that the problem is not site-wide, or at least if it is, there is something you can probably do on your end to not be affected by it.

Likely the problem is an unintended interaction between your browser and eBay. Try another browser to see if the problem occurs in both. If it does, try disabling common add-ons in both to see if the problem is an add-on conflict. If not, try clearing cache and eBay cookies in the affected browser.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

This is happening to me as well on Safari using a MacBook...so now we have Chrome, Firefox and Safari mentioned in this thread as all having the same problem.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

I didn't see this post before and posted the same problem.

It is a bug on the website, there are two empty divs above the menu and search box. It happens after a search finishes. 

See image below:

20230518_182112.png

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Perhaps this is a Mac-only issue? Any non-Mac users experiencing this problem?

I am not having any issues searching on a Windows 10 machine in multiple browsers.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Might be on to something - just tried Chrome on PC Windows 10 and search works as it should

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

to replicate the problem you need to search, wait until the search is done and then try to search again. and do not scroll the page down

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

I posted about the same issue and I'm on a Windows machine. It's working fine on my partners' Mac though.

So, I'm certainly stumped.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Linux here.

Using Chrome

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Mac Studio using Chrome and its happening to me as well

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Same here, different computers cleared browser and such and has happened off and on all day so far. Windows Chrome is what I use.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Search bar problem

Same issue. Have tried it on chrome, edge, firefox.  I have to exit search and start over each time. Ebay...please fix!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply