cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds keep failing

I am attempting to refund a buyer for a combined shipping discount.  I tried and it failed 3 times yesterday, once today.  

The e-mail subject is : "We're unable to process a refund"

The body of the message states: "There was a technical issue and we couldn't process the refund you sent. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please retry sending the refund, and we'll get it to the buyer as soon as possible."

Essentially, a debit and credit are created in your payment account, with a net effect of zero (refund not processed)

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Refunds keep failing

Yes! Spent over minutes trying to get resolved. I had enough funds to cover yesterday when I first tried, but after payout was sent this morning my balance dropped and the eBay representative tried to tell me this was why it was failing. My available balance is back in the positive this afternoon so I tried again - same failure. Same “technical” error message. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

I was about to try again, but it seems likely it will fail.  Your balance is not the issue;  For me, I had plenty available.  Basically, the failed transaction will deduct the amount from available, and credit the same amount as "processing".   Hello eBay, where are you ?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

This issue is still unresolved.  Support told me to wait 24 hours and try again.  Failed again.  eBay seems to be unable to fix this.  Not sure what to do now.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

Still failing 4 days later.  This needs to be fixed asap.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

Same for me. Multiple conversations with eBay and a technical team service ticket was created

on Friday. Supposed to be fixed in 24-48 hours. Failed yesterday and now today the order shows “pending cancellation” - on my end due to delivery address issues. So, I didn’t initiate this and suspect the technical team did. And both items have been delivered by the way.
 Ugh! Just had another 30 minute chat with eBay to retract the pending cancellation and they suggest I try sending my buyer the shipping refund through PayPal if they are ok with that. What the heck is going on EBay, this is nuts. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

I had a long conversation with 2nd level support last night.  It's starting to look like the issue may be related to the method of payment used by the buyer (Apple Pay).  That is, the refund is failing to "go back" to the original method of payment.  The contact also suggested I arrange payment through Paypal, but I refused, as that would require getting an e-mail address from the buyer which I'm pretty sure is against eBay policy.  I don't want any transactions outside of eBay.

I was told to wait 72 hours and try again. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

Still no resolution.  No further contact from eBay. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

Buyer agreed to forego the refund.  eBay never resolved the issue.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Refunds keep failing

I am attempting to refund a buyer but I keep getting this message instead: "your refund did not go through because we could not verify your payment option. Please change your payment option and try again."

I don't have the funds from which the refund would be deducted from. However I have a valid payment on file but each time I try to refund the buyer that above message appears. It's been happening all day and I cannot seem to get in contact with any to help with this issue. 

Any advice?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply