cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not from my account

So yesterday I reported issue with false 90 notifications I received. This issue was quickly resolved. Today I have the same issue. Notifications are of items I sold or that need refunding etc but the products don’t belong to me. I never sold such items. My impressions and views are very very low today and account is glitchy. It takes a long time to respond after I tap something.58EF4D2E-F298-4FCD-92A6-96310AB1C190.jpeg

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Notifications not from my account

this is an interesting security issue.

Please keep us users informed.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Resolved again now. Someone looks over us.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

9E66376A-E1A1-4C85-846B-8008FFC2828F.jpegToday, i got more of someone else’s notifications. And since this is happening my sales are barely there. Please, Ebay stop that and fix my account for good so I can pay my bills.B2B69E3E-F1D7-43AA-99E4-E27EF95B599B.jpeg

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I'm seeing reports of this on social media, too.
askebay.png

And here on this board:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-sending-outbid-notifications-for-item...

Is there an open tech ticket on this devon@ebay?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I'm seeing reports of this on social media, too.
askebay.png

And here on this board:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-sending-outbid-notifications-for-item...

Is there an open tech ticket on this devon@ebay?

Hey @wastingtime101! I do not see any open tickets for this being a sitewide issue but I will go ahead and put a ticket in on my end for this issue. If this does become a side wide issue I will be sure to come back and let you know. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

This just started happening to me as well, I am seeing multiple outbid notifications and offers received but they are not anything I sell or anything I have bid on. Its very weird.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 104613.png

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay can you check back in on this one? Several new reports including above post from @thecomeupkidz plus these posts from @andrew_lyall and @adsecondhandcollectables.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-for-sales-I-never-made/m-p/3...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Weird-notifications/m-p/33362486#M106110

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for tagging me in this thread when I was looking for other reports online I couldn’t find anything. Seems this has happened around the same time to random sellers too. Glad I’m not the only one, but it was still concerning!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay can you check back in on this one? Several new reports including above post from @thecomeupkidz plus these posts from @andrew_lyall and @adsecondhandcollectables.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Notifications-for-sales-I-never-made/m-p/3...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Weird-notifications/m-p/33362486#M106110

Hey @wastingtime101! it does look like there is a known sitewide issue on this. If members are seeing notifications from another account they can reach out to customer support here. They will just want to let them know that they are running into ALERT14228. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I had it happen just a few days ago, hasn’t happened since, but it was when I logged into the account in the evening on browser. 

I wonder what is causing these issues, it scared the heck out of me because I thought our account was hacked.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I think @adsecondhandcollectables it has something to do with the server and isn't a security concern - though it's easy to see why anybody would be very concerned seeing it. Usually a page refresh clears it up at least temporarily.

Follow the instructions posted above by Devon to get your account added to the tech ticket on this.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Issue has not yet been resolved.  I have the same issue as other peeps have reported. Today I received notifications that I sold 57 items (ship now), +99 messages, several requests to return items and many more notifications. These notifications  have nothing to do with my listed items. In addition, my selling limit has been reached even though I have only listed or relisted about 20 or so  items this month of my 250 monthly limit. I can't list or relist at this time. See below what I'm seeing as for the reason for my limit. Impossible 

Monthly limits

No more items

102 listed and sold / 0 limit on quantity of items

No more items

$2,013.68listed and sold / $0.00 limit

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Today i got it again. Would be nice to have that many sold.64093E20-6FCD-4EFF-92B7-F6E9E199F954.jpeg

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I had this same issue happen to me twice today.  The notifications were not for my account!  Weird...

Message 15 of 19
latest reply