cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Quantities Being Randomly Updated By eBay

Woke up this morning to sales of some items I know I am out of stock on or do not have the amounts to meet the ordered amount.  Looked at the listing and saw the available quantities were 70-90 per size variation of this  particular item.  Checked my listing page and noticed my total inventory value of listed items jumped to almost a million dollars and nearly 90,000 items.  Did a sort by quantity and  some listings show over 8000 items available.  This is nor multi-variation and single item listings.  Wow, what a huge system glitch!  This all happened sometime on 5/26.  Luckily, I have a bulk edit file on the store PC from 5/25 I can use to update all 1800 listings.  Hopefully I do not sell too many out of stocks before I can get into the store and get the listings fixed.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Same here, went from 3600 active items to 4300 overnight.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

same here!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I’m getting the same! I woke up to orders flying in for items I haven’t had for months, even a year. I need to start canceling sales. What happens to my stats when I cancel these??!! How am I going do I correct all of the inventory quantities?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Good god, me too - I can't believe this is happening again 😫! The quantity changes you're seeing are reverting to the number of items sold for every listing.

Just to let everyone know, eBay cannot revert your quantities to what they were prior to this "error" (unless there's been some kind of major technical support upgrade since it happened the last 2 times). They will offer support (I use that term loosely) on cancelled orders due to incorrect quantities, but you'll have to manually change every listing.

I'm just the messenger 🤗

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same, with no logical reason 

I have listings with counts ranging from say 5 to 500 

over 2/3 of my almost 1000 listings jumped from 5 to 75 or 5 to 1000

my 50 counts jumped to 200 or 2500 

No logic and now my entire store inventory is jacked 

Just another GIANT HOOP to jump in the eBay "sorry for the inconvenience train" aka the third highly unacceptable;e event this week 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@coho2004 wrote:

I’m getting the same! I woke up to orders flying in for items I haven’t had for months, even a year. I need to start canceling sales. What happens to my stats when I cancel these??!! How am I going do I correct all of the inventory quantities?

Select "something is wrong w/ the buyer's address" (I know it's wrong, but that's what they told us to use last time) for cancellations. eBay will remove any neg/neu fb associated with this because it's due to a site error.

The last time this happened, we had to manually change the quantities ourselves and it was an absolute nightmare, but maybe they have a different solution this time - brian@ebay can you help??

Message 7 of 7
latest reply