cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a m

Ebay is a joke, always changing the platform and screwing everything up.  Now I can't list anything.  Get this red error message:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
  • Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a m

I was making revisions today - some went thru and others got the same error message. Just tried to relist an unsold item and got that error message. This place is getting ridiculous. I may post on their **bleep** SEARCH engine too.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  In other discussions here and in Selling it appears my listing error is caused by entering an invalid choice for the item specific Condition.  Though there are 3 choices:  "-" "New" "Used" if I select "-" I now get the error message: "It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Sorry, something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again."

It goes away if I change the Condition selection to "New" or "Used."  Also existing listings that have the Condition of "-" now cannot be edited, as this now results in the above error message.  BTW, you can wait a moment and try again an infinite number of times and all will fail, as eBay now considers a Condition choice of "-" as being a problem with the listing.  Why is it available as a choice if it is invalid?  Why do they tell us to try again?  eBay, you can do better...

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hello Ebayer's..I found out after a long time !!!! For some categories Ebay requires you to mark the "condition" of the item. The small "condition"  box for this is at the top of the left side. Click on: Used or new and then it should work !

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Thanks so much.

I was in the specifics for ages tinkering around and found this red check mark thanks to you !!

Its like everything keeps getting moved.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

This is yet another "One of the dumbest things I have ever seen eBay do". I am listing comic books. The condition selections have nothing to do with comic books and how they are appraised and graded.  I already list the grades for the comics and these forced selections are just pure idiocy from clueless boardroom people who know nothing about items being sold on their own website.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

"Condition" item specific is worse than useless for comic books. It actually is harmful in that it will confuse the buyer. The condition options are for regular book grading. The terms are similar to comic grades but mean very different things. "Very good" in comic terms is a pretty beat up comic book. A 4.0 out of 10 on a grading scale. But it is basically the only option to pick if you have a comic that is less than brand new. So stupid. Half the other item specifics are either not needed or redundant but at least they're not required.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

yes that did it ,day after july 12th. Thanks 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

this is just idiotic. what does "used" have to do with baseball cards? there is no other selectable option.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

So i just got off the phone with ebay, and while changing it to used works to allow you to list or revise a listing, this doesn't help with 2021 cards which are NEW.   There's no option on sportscards to list as NEW.  only used or -, and - was working for the last few weeks, but is not working anymore.  so we can list NEW items but they will be listed as used.  **bleep**.   

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

ebay is clueless i guess they want changes,,,,,,just for no reason,BIG HEADACHE

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I had a same problem and put "used".  It worked!  Thank you.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Very frustrating.  Makes no sense having to list a fresh pulled card as 'used'.  Even if you opened an old pack of cards from 2010 those cards should be considered new in my opinion.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much! I have been calling ebay and they cannot figure out why I was having this issue! They are such idiots! Your post helped me so much!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Same problem and others too, and they treat sellers like **bleep**. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply