cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has E-Bay Been Hacked By Russians? International Shipping Option Keep Changing to Russian Federation

Hello?  Has E-Bay been hacked by Russian cyber attacks?

I ship using E-Bay Global Shipping, but under other international shipping options, I always select "None".  Yesterday I noticed that on nearly all my listings (250 of them), it had changed to this:

mrfindit_0-1646968453238.png

So I did a bulk edit and changed them all back to "None".  I opened several listings to check, and they had returned to saying "None".  Now tonight, I find that many of my listings are back to having selected "Russian Federation".  The screen shot above was from a listing that I changed to "None" yesterday, opened and confirmed it was set to none, and now this evening, it is back to selected Russian Federation.

Why are my international shipping options automatically changing from "None" to "Russian Federation"?  And when I change them, why are they automatically reverting back?

This is very disturbing and makes me wonder if E-Bay is not secure and is being hacked in some way!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Has E-Bay Been Hacked By Russians? International Shipping Option Keep Changing to Russian Federation

I have done a bulk edit and changed the setting back to "None".  I confirmed it on multiple listings that was showing Russian Federation, but now say None.  Let's see how long before they revert back to selecting Russian Federation.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Have you considered it is your computer and should change your password and run your anti-virus program for a deep full check?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 eBay stores one with over 1000 listings and another with 230 listings both had the Russian federation checked as a country I would ship to outside of the GSP. I ONLY use GSP or won’t ship internationally otherwise.  I have the same issue and like you have done a bulk edit to try and fix the problem.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

The problem happened when the Russian Federation was removed from the list of GSP destinations. Since Russia wasn’t on your exclusion list while it was within the GSP, it reverted to normal international shipping.

No hack, just add Russia to your country exclusion list.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with an eBay rep and he confirmed there has been a bug/glitch in the system since January 31st regarding allowing shipping to the Russian Federation outside of GSP. He was able to open a ticket for both of my accounts to have it fixed. I would suggest getting in touch with customer service and doing the same if you are having this issue. The rep will ask for an item number of one of your listings that is having this issue so they can verify it. Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I don't have any countries on my country exclusion list, so why should I have to add Russia?  I only ship international with GSP and don't customize GSP.   I have also shipped to Russia via GSP, so again, why should I need to add them to the exclusion list.

Removing a country from GSP should not trigger adding it as a country that a seller will ship to via regular means.  That is horrible coding if that is what E-Bay is doing.

The issue is causes is if you only ship GSP, and that country has been removed from GSP, they can still purchase your item, but then they can't check out and they ask for an invoice, which as a seller, I can't provide (unless I ship outside of GSP).

And if the country is still in GSP, the seller will see the GSP shipping rate, but also have the option to select and international shipping rate, which they will always do, hoping it will be cheaper than GSP.  Then you end up back in the same spot, with an invoice request that the seller can't satisfy.

If a listing is configured that it will only ship GSP and offers no other international shipping options, then E-Bay should not be making site changes that alter the position of the seller to offer no other international shipping options.  It is poor coding if that is what E-Bay is doing.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Well, random items have started showing Russian Federation as a shipping location again.  So it stayed fixed for about 2 days.  Great site you've got E-Bay!

And oddly enough, the first item I noticed that had changed was a Rocky and Bullwinkle item, that also has Boris and Natasha on the box..

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

It seems like some bug here because i suppose Ebay start to delete Russian users from using Ebay ,i see its already done ,and this can be bug for this reason .

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Same thing here! I noticed this scenario a few days ago and did a Google search and found this thread. I guess the good news is if something sells to the Russian Federation I'll cancel the order and get any defects removed on the back end as I too only ship international through the GSP. At least it's documented here as a known problem. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I just found my listings have all reverted from no excluded international locations to ONLY available for Russian Federation International Shipping. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I was on the phone for over 60 minutes today and the Ebay rep. knew nothing about this.  He opened a ticket, and I asked to speak to the Trust and Safety dept. but he only offered a call back from them, and I did not receive a call back.  Other web sites that are not part of Ebay are having the same problems.  Other private web sites told me they were hacked this past weekend.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Same!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

sus, very sus.  sounds like willful ignorance by ebay

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I had this problem in my main store 6k items about the time you made this post. I bulk edit to undo it. Then today all my listings have Russian Federation marked again. Like you I only do international via gps. I tried the report it today but the person I got want to fix what I already fixed and did not understand how to report something to management. Super frustrating. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply