cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free shipping when I don’t offer it !

I just noticed all my recent Solds had free shipping ! I never do free shipping and I didn’t notice when I printed shipping label . Has anyone experienced this ? 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I don't see any with free shipping

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I'm showing the same thing. All my Buy it Now auctions that are sold are showing buyer had free shipping and seller paid for shipping. If I look at the auction specifics, it seems like it's the other way around, which it should be. I wonder if it's a glitch, at least I hope it is.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@ginas4511and @dreamlovrs 

Where are you seeing that your sold listings had free shipping? All of your sold listings that I can see had shipping charges. I didn't even see any that had local pickup available.

@dreamlovrs, you have an active listing for an air filter that only has pickup available (free), no shipping, which shows in the "Free shipping" filter. If that's not right, you should revise it to fix that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115477094856

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I went through and made sure my e Existing listings were all buyer pays but the last 10 or 15 of my items that sold it says seller paid I’ve heard there’s a glitch in the system but I never experienced it before

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

All my souls over the last month show seller paid for shipping I made sure now that my buy it now is are set to buy or pays for shipping which I always have on I’ve never offered free shipping

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Solds lol 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@ginas4511 wrote:

I went through and made sure my e Existing listings were all buyer pays but the last 10 or 15 of my items that sold it says seller paid I’ve heard there’s a glitch in the system but I never experienced it before

@ginas4511 

Are you sure you're not misunderstanding this?

The seller always has to pay for the shipping label. Whether the buyer pays for the shipping, or it's free shipping (for the buyer) the seller always pays for the shipping label.

If the buyer pays for the shipping, then their shipping money is included in the seller's payout (less eBay fees and sales tax, which is sent to the buyer's state). Then the seller can use that money to pay for the shipping label.

Please give an example of one of the listings you're concerned about, and tell us what state the item was shipped to (so I can calculate the buyer's sales tax). You can post the item number here, so I can check into it.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

If I look at my sold items on the app, it shows the sold price which is correct then underneath it says:

+ Free Shipping (Free for buyer, you pay $3.99)

My listing had shipping as $3.99. I'm not sure why it's doing this. It seems to be a new thing because if I look at older listings, it doesn't say that.

I should add the air filter is pickup only, no shipping. Thanks for pointing it out just in case it was in error. 😃

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I had same issue.  Last 3 things I sold were changed to free shipping when they were listed with calculated shipping.    Two items I accepted offers and even one item the buyer purchased buy it now with no offer involved still changed to free ship.  After I have to pay for free shipping for one of the items, I am going to lose money ( not even including my cost of the item).  What is going on with this??!!!   This glitch needs fixed!!!  If it keeps happening, I’m thinking about going on vacation mode until it gets fixed.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Actually I just realized it’s just saying free shipping on sold listing but when I look at transaction details, the buyer did pay for shipping.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

83438CF6-CCE6-466C-AA37-F7804D3B2246.png

 this is just one that happened last night , I 100% did not offer free shipping and triple checked all my listings . Now I have to tell the buyers I don’t offer and cancel . I have no idea what’s going on 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I know ! It happens again this morning ! This is crazy 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

It's a glitch. I have seen it before as well when I look at orders in the app. It comes up as "free for buyer" but then when I click on the details the buyer did actually pay. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thank you !! 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply