cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback.eBay.com Timing Out

Is anyone else having trouble when clicking on a member's feedback rating of having the page taking too long to load and timing out?  I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of Chrome with a high speed broadband connection.  I've been experiencing this for a couple of days and have updated my browser and cleared my cash an cookies.  I'm wondering if eBay is improving things (playing around) or what is going on.  Anyone else?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dennis- I've been going to eBay.com/USR/userIDhere

And from that profile page clicking on the view feedback text link. It's a pain.

The feedback page timeout is an eBay site issue.

The separate Khoros issue exclusive to Community pages is that FB links and view listing links are disappearing from the forum on pretty much a daily basis at 1:00 pm PT (or later) every day which is a confirmed issue with Khoros servers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Yes -- there are two different feedback page links, and one of them is not working, currently.

The feedback links that do not work -- from the community pages or items for sale list -- look like this:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=eburtonlab

Using that link results in the following error for me in Firefox:

eburtonlab_0-1633201802199.png

Links that do work (from the user profile page or possibly from listings?) look like this:

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/eburtonlab

From the community pages, it may be easier to go from Listings to Profile to Feedback.

That is, open the Listings link in another tab, click on the username there to get to the user profile page. From the profile page, the feedback link should work.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

This glitch is getting really annoying. Any time you click on a feedback number it doesn't work. You have to go through a profile page and click the 'view feedback' text to get it to load.

I was looking at some buyer feedback last night because 3 buyers in a span of 6 hours left positive feedback comments with negative ratings- so I wanted to see their FB left for others for signs that it was happening with all their FB. Clicking on the FB number from my page didn't load. Then I discovered when shopping that clicking on a seller's FB number from search didn't load.

@eburtonlab posted above exactly the links that do and don't work. Is eBay looking into this?

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay tyler@ebay 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

We were assured a couple of days ago that someone from eBay is looking into this. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

It appears that this issue makes checking on buyer feedback particularly difficult since they have no active item listings to view and work through the back door.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

We were assured a couple of days ago that someone from eBay is looking into this. 

Humm!  That doesn't sound promising.  There are glitches that eBay techs have been trying to fix for decades now.  It sounds like eBay's feedback system is getting even more useless.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Going through the buyer's profile page should work -- the feedback link there works for me.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Dennis- I've been going to eBay.com/USR/userIDhere

And from that profile page clicking on the view feedback text link. It's a pain.

The feedback page timeout is an eBay site issue.

The separate Khoros issue exclusive to Community pages is that FB links and view listing links are disappearing from the forum on pretty much a daily basis at 1:00 pm PT (or later) every day which is a confirmed issue with Khoros servers.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

This glitch is getting really annoying. Any time you click on a feedback number it doesn't work. You have to go through a profile page and click the 'view feedback' text to get it to load.

I was looking at some buyer feedback last night because 3 buyers in a span of 6 hours left positive feedback comments with negative ratings- so I wanted to see their FB left for others for signs that it was happening with all their FB. Clicking on the FB number from my page didn't load. Then I discovered when shopping that clicking on a seller's FB number from search didn't load.

@eburtonlab posted above exactly the links that do and don't work. Is eBay looking into this?

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay tyler@ebay 

Hi @coffeebean832 - there is currently a Khoros issue with disappearing feedback and profile page links from the Community.  

When I test this from the eBay Marketplace side (I pulled up an incognito window and started from eBay.com) I can't get any timeout errors to display, and am consistently taken to a member's Feedback Profile without issue. Can you let me know the exact pathway you're going through to get that to happen?

All things right now point to this being an issue with Khoros that is somehow killing the links if you use Community as an entry-point.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

when I click on the feedback # (), next to the seller name on marketplace,  I get the same result as on the boards.........eventual timeout.................

Screenshot (186).png when I click on the feedback # on (), I get the same result as on the boards.........

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Links like the following are still not working for me in any browser:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=eburtonlab

Still getting a connection time-out message when trying to load.

The following link does still work for me, however:

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/eburtonlab

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Same here. It's super annoying because I can't predict my buyer's actions when I have issues with them (is this ebay's goal?)

I always time out when I click onto the feedback score directly thru an ebay message I received from the buyer as well as thru my awaiting shipment and manage orders page.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay tyler@ebay sheila@ebay

Are there any updates from Khoros about when the problem with accessing feedback profiles will be fixed?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay- As confirmed by others- this is not the Khoros issue that I'm referring to. My above posts were in reference to accessing buyer FB through the eBay site- not through the community.

Any time I click on a FB number- through my own FB page to look at a buyer's FB- through the search page to look at a seller's FB- through an e-mail with a message from a buyer- from a seller's store page- the page times out.

If I go to someone's profile page and click the text link to view feedback- that uses a different URL than the number link to view feedback. The text link is the only one that works.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply