Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded daily eBay app login limits?

A06746D2-F271-4FBB-AAD6-F1A7A06DDCE2.png

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Has anyone had this issue? Customer service had me delete and reinstall the app and still same error. They have had no reports of problems and can’t help me

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I have seen other posts from users running into this issue. Apparently eBay does have a daily limit to the number of times you can sign in using the eBay app.

Is there a reason why you are signing out and signing back in to the app multiple times? How many times do you typically sign out and back in before running into that error message?

If you are switching between different accounts, you may be better off using the app for one account and using a browser for another account (or multiple browsers for multiple other accounts). That way you can stay signed in to those accounts at the same time and avoid signing in and out. Also possible, using a private or incognito browser window for another account if you have a strong preference for a single browser type.

If there is a corresponding limit to the number of sign-ins using a browser, I have never heard of it.

If you want more details about the eBay app, you may want to post on one of the app boards, as there are actual eBay employees that read and respond there regarding app issues.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Android-App/bd-p/androidapp

https://community.ebay.com/t5/iOS-App/bd-p/iosapp

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Now your problem solved? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hi all ebayers with this problem, I had this issue and it was driving me crazy, eBay advisors useless as usual, it’s all about how you log in whilst on the app, you must input the 6 random digits eBay send you upon login and MANUALLY INPUT THEM ONE BY ONE 👍 DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE NUMBER IN WHEN IT IS SENT TO YOU 👍 it’s nothing to do with passwords, cache, data or anything else, don’t ask me why but that’s what is causing you the issue

happy logging in again xxx 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you!!!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I received this message and have been locked out. I hadn't even logged out voluntarily. The App logged me out and then asked REPEATEDLY that I log back in. I entered my details and then it went back to the start. This happened several times. A good way to get customers to stop using the app (and eBay) altogether.

Disgraceful.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@mill-records 

The App logged me out and then asked REPEATEDLY that I log back in

Use a browser to go to ebay.co.uk instead.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi yes i have the same issue. Too many attempts and cant login for the rest pf the day

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have to mention that i can log in on other phones through app and web.

on this phone i can login on web browser but not on app where i get that error message in subject. i thought it was an ebay app API issue with capability not supported. i downloaded and installed onlder ebay apk versions. they still work on older phones. well that did not solve the issue. still get same error. i thought it could be my phone? no that is non sense. i have lg phone where issue is. also have Motorola and TCL phones all active and moto and tcl login on ebay app no issue.

so all i have to say is this is weird! so is not a capability, or API issue.

please advise.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This thread is 2 years old. You would probably get answers to your issue by creating your own post.This one will be closed soon.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply