cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Fee to Revise Listing

When revising a price on an item eBay wants to charge $0.35, is anyone else having this problem? 10 /9/2021

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

No not a problem here

Check that you did not accidently mark extra listing features 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Sounds like it is charging you to "list" that one again - you did not accidentally hit sell similar vs edit?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Are you sure they're actually charging it?

This came up a few months ago and I think it was someone on eBay who said it was a glitch and you wouldn't actually be charged.

We see this once in awhile but haven't really been concerned about it. I guess we should be.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Did you add a second listing category?

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

You're not the only one @josti4150, see this post I put up last night.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Yes, this is a known glitch when ebay wants extra fees for just  opening the listing and not touching anything there - even when free listing allotments are available.

Moreover, when listing new items - no listing fee is displayed, only when you open existing listing. Ongoing ebay glitch.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Usually what happens is the seller has used all the basic "free" listings for any category........but then makes a listing outside the "select categories" which is the next tranche for free listings........and gets charged....

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@beautifulbeauty2012 wrote:

Yes, this is a known glitch when ebay wants extra fees for just  opening the listing and not touching anything there - even when free listing allotments are available.

The glitch is that it's showing a fee on the listing form but no fee is charged once you submit the revision. I put that information in the thread I linked to above.

Are you seeing charges for these revisions on your list of payment transactions?

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

That is not the case, I can list new listings in the same categories for free. Have you tried clicking on Revise listing before making suggestions? There are quite a few sellers who have noticed this glitch.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I am not clicking on anything if I see .35c. When I see 0, then I will do revision.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I am not clicking on anything if I see .35c. When I see 0, then I will do revision.

OK. I went through with the revision on a few listings last night and despite a fee being shown, I wasn't actually charged after submitting the revisions. This is an error that has popped up several times over the years. I respect your decision to not take a risk based on my word alone.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

That is not the case, I can list new listings in the same categories for free. Have you tried clicking on Revise listing before making suggestions? There are quite a few sellers who have noticed this glitch.

That poster is just trying to help. Even if they click on revise that doesn't mean they'll encounter the same glitch. Every time this issue pops up, only a select number of users are affected. I have yet to see it impact site-wide. I've seen this issue at least 5 times and this is only the 2nd time I've been affected by it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

A couple of days ago I noticed the fee on a revision just as I hit the revise button.   I also noticed the same today but stopped and have a call in to Ebay about this.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I have just finished up a half hour phone call with Ebay support.  They could not tell me why it shows a revision fee of .35, and I believe the support person said he couldn't see it on his end.  I made a revision while on the phone with him--per his instructions--and he could not find any fee charged for the revision.  We also checked the payments tab--fees--and nothing showed.  Nor did the earlier revision I had made.  Thus, it appears to be only a glitch.           Being a suspicious **bleep**, however, I will be keeping a closer track on the fees.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply