cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to ebay.ca consistently get "Unknown SplashUI Page" error

Here I am on Ebay.com but my account is on Ebay.ca. I can also log in to Ebay.de

On the Canadian Ebay site I get the message:

"Unknown SplashUI Page"

consistently!!!!! What does this even mean?

So I cannot respond to any messages in Ebay as I can only do that from the originating account.

Using Firefox 78.9 but this error started recently and is not on my end.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Kind regards.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok so I have an update.

Now everything is working again. All Ebay domains that I normally use are fine.

So what changed? Nothing on my end.

I am not willing to place any blame on Ebay for this trouble. My best guess is that some regional connectivity issues with my ISP were hampering one or more of the many dependencies that are now woven in to Ebay's system. This would also explain why no one else on this great earth has had my issue.

I do clear out my cookies daily and, as a result, often have to do the captcha. I also block many things using uBlock and this sometimes creates minor issues. Thats ok.

Thanks for your help. I am going to close this off as solved as I do not now believe that there was any issue on the side of Ebay. Kind regards all.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I am able to sign in to ebay.ca using Firefox 87 without any issues.

Are you using a bookmark, or are you going to ebay.ca and using the sign in link there? It is possible that if your link is old it may be causing a problem. If you have problems with the main ebay.ca page, you might try going to the site map page and navigating to one of your My eBay pages from there:

https://pages.ebay.ca/sitemap.html

Or try going to the ebay.ca community pages and following a link to your My eBay page from there:

https://community.ebay.ca/

It might also be worth trying another browser to see if the issue is limited to Firefox.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Now it has suddenly begun with Ebay.de too!!!!!

So this is 100% an Ebay problem.

The message from Ebay.de is:

Unbekannte SplashUI-Seite

Another meaningless and useless error message that tells me nothing.

If this spreads to Ebay.com I will not even be able to log in here.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you still cannot sign in to ebay.ca, you should still be able to read and respond to your ebay.ca messages on ebay.com if you sign in to the same account on the US site.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

First of all, thank you for taking the time for me.

I can read messages on Ebay.com but responding always diverts to Ebay.ca. Thats ok, thats the way it has always been.

I have tried the Vivaldi browser and was able to log in to Ebay.ca. This is on a machine with a different IP.

Ok, so that works.

The error message is meaningless though so I have no way of knowing what the issue is.

So this remains a problem. It suddenly started today. Lets see if it suddenly goes away.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Tried those links. Same error, still not working.

Thanks for your suggestions.

This feels like an issue on the Ebay side and not something I can repair.

Again, if the error message had any actual information I could at least do

some diagnosis.

Not in the mood to try ebay.fr, ebay.at, ebay.co.uk, etc. to see how far this issue goes.

Status: everything was working fine, now without any changes on my end, its not working

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have not come across that error message before, and searches for that error message do not turn up any promising results.

The next step would be to see if you can sign in to ebay.ca using Vivaldi on the same machine where Firefox is giving you problems. If so, at least you have a way to respond to your messages on that machine.

It might be worth scanning your machine for malware; various kinds of adware can cause all sorts of error messages and unexpected behavior. Malwarebytes has a good scanner, but there are many others that can be found by searching for malware scanner and your operating system.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks again for your suggestions.

No malware, I am on OSX and I checked the entire process list. Nothing running that shouldn't be.

In general, malware is not an issue on OSX/Unix/etc. Still, its not impossible so it was something to check. Good suggestion.

My gut instinct tells me that this may have something to do with the Ebay/captcha interraction. This is merely a theory but I have noticed many changes in the captcha behaviours in the last few weeks.

Again, Ebay.de suddenly started doing this now too. So this most likely on the Ebay end. Perhaps its even a regional issue as you can login from your location with the same browser.

I can use a completely different machine, on a different internet connection with Vivaldi and that works. So I have a workaround.

I am going to wait for 6 hours and try again. Will report back here.

Again, thank you for your helpful input.

Will be monitoring this

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You are welcome -- good luck!

The Captcha theory makes a certain amount of sense. If that is ultimately the problem, here are some general suggestions that have helped with sign-in/verification problems in the past:

Disabling ad blockers, pop-up blockers, script blockers or other privacy tools on the sign-in or verification page can help; many of those have settings that can interfere with verification. You may be able to turn them back on once you have signed in and updated your eBay cookies.

In some cases, pages load better with an ad blocker or script blocker, though.

If you are using Firefox, try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection on eBay using the shield icon to the left of the page address.

If you are able to sign in using a private or incognito browser window, that might indicate a problem with a corrupt or blocked cookie. Try erasing just your eBay cookies manually in that case.

If you are routinely clearing all your cookies, you will likely have to go through verification again each time you sign in.

Or try a different browser -- preferably the latest version of a popular browser that you do not normally use and one that has no add-ons or extensions installed.

Check your browser for updates here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ok so I have an update.

Now everything is working again. All Ebay domains that I normally use are fine.

So what changed? Nothing on my end.

I am not willing to place any blame on Ebay for this trouble. My best guess is that some regional connectivity issues with my ISP were hampering one or more of the many dependencies that are now woven in to Ebay's system. This would also explain why no one else on this great earth has had my issue.

I do clear out my cookies daily and, as a result, often have to do the captcha. I also block many things using uBlock and this sometimes creates minor issues. Thats ok.

Thanks for your help. I am going to close this off as solved as I do not now believe that there was any issue on the side of Ebay. Kind regards all.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply