cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch accounts

I sell under two accounts.  Today I can't switch accounts.  I sign off account 1, click to sign on using switch account, select account 2, click to sign on, and I get account 1 again.  Switch account is NOT working.  This is a serious error as one of my stores is totally unavailable to me.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't switch accounts

This is a known issue. I don't see it on the pinned tech post, but according to devon@ebay (link) :

"There is a sitewide ticket open to have this issue resolved. If yourself or others are still running into this I recommend to reach out to customer support and let them know that you are experiencing ALERT 14619."

In the meantime, you can use a private browser window or a separate browser to access another account. Hope that helps until this is resolved @somanypostcards.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I called Customer Support.  Here's how to get to the 2nd account without using a private browser or second browser.  When you click Sign in and Switch account, after you select the 2nd account and go to the password screen, you must now manually delete the password stars.  Then you can select the 2nd account and its password from the dropdown menu and successfully log in to the 2nd account.  This used to happen automatically, often with first getting an "Oops, wrong password" message before getting the correct password.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've already been doing that. It doesn't work for me. What I get is that when I click on Switch Account and hit enter, then the password thing comes up. I erase the password stars and manually put my password in. As soon as I hit enter, it automatically send me to the Verify yourself with pictures to pick on and as soon as I do that, it sends me back to my other ebay page. It seems ebay has their Switch account stuck in a loop. Frustrating to the max. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Microsoft Edge and Firefox work for me. Only Google Chrome won't switch except in incognito mode.

Set Google Chrome to always open in incognito mode by adding “-incognito” without the quotes to the Target  in the properties on your desktop or start menu.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply