cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in?

I'm trying to Resolve a Problem on one of my sold items, and ebay prompts me to re-enter my password when I get to this step, but when I do, it simply loads the sign-in page over again. I've tried this in three different browsers and cleared cookies + cache, but I still get this same issue.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can't sign in?

Are you using a VPN or a non-standard network connection, or a custom firewall?

Is your buyer from another country? If your item was purchased on another country site, that can cause complications, as the rules on the other site may be different.

Have you tried actually going through the sign-in process a second time to see if that resolves things? Or does it simply keep looping back over and over?

It might be worth trying to use another device such as your phone to see if you can complete that procedure in another way, perhaps using the eBay app, or a mobile browser set to "desktop mode".

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Having the same problem, tells me time and time again to enter the passcode and then won’t accept it, really annoying!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Keeps looping, buyer from UK, nothing unusual about the sale at all. Can’t resolve problems with the app,  needs to be via actual website 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Exact same problem here.  Trying to file a non-paying bidder report but login screen looping after I enter my password.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Same here.  Been happening since yesterday.  I know there wasn't a problem last week because I listed some items to sell.  I just logged in to this forum, at the second attempt, but logging in to report an unpaid item just loops as described.  It looks like it is logging in OK, but then goes back to the login screen.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

@almasymarquis 

@lithopsian 

@malcolmnielsen 

@dion5feb2016 

@hughes12671 

When you attempt to log in, are you given an intermediate screen that you must click before it loops back into the login screen, or does entering your password and clicking the button directly loop you back to the same screen?

I 've had login looping issues in the past and found that after I clicked the login screen, if I ignored the secondary acknowledgment screen that looped and just let it sit there, I could open the destination page directly in another tab and keep going. Not sure if that would work in this instance.

For a non-paying-bidder on the US platform, what happens when accessing this page directly to open a dispute?

https://rebulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateUPIDispute&opencase=true

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Won't even go there anymore. Asks for a login first even though I am already logged in.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Same loop here.  It has nothing to do with country or origin, country of destination, etc.  It has everything to do with ebay's web developers who mess up something every time they do an improvement..

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Having the same issue.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Can't sign in?

Possible workaround:

Go to the Resolution Center using the link at the bottom of the page rather than going through the item listing.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/My-Account/Is-ebay-having-site-issues-Password-reset-and-won-t-work-Ca...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply