cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sign into Paypal to make a purchase

I want to make a purchase through Ebay. But when I go to check out the system freezes up after I enter my PP password and click enter. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Me too.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Try a different browser. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@iprefervintage 

If you are running into problems when checking out -- specifically, getting a spinning progress ring immediately after signing in to PayPal -- see this thread for some possible things to try:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-Checkout-Issue-not-Connecting-to-Paypal-Undefine...

Many users experiencing that problem have better results when switching to another browser, or temporarily disabling ad blocking and cross-site tracker blocking on eBay and PayPal, or else using a mobile browser or the eBay app to checkout.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Mobile browser is the same problem...all afternoon today
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@iprefervintage These are the things that members have said worked for the current paypal checkout issue:
#1  Use private browsing
#2  Add paypal.com to your ad blockers whitelist 
 ( probably why #1 works)
#3 Checkout with your cell phone

These are things that have worked in the past when buyers can not checkout.     

1) try checking out on the Canada Site  https://www.ebay.ca/

2)Have you tried using another browser on a PC? Firefox and Chrome usually work best. IE doesn't play well with ebay.

3) add the item to your cart first instead of using buy it now on the item

4) if you have two factor authentication turned on for paypal turn it off then try checking out.... you can always turn it back on later

5)Have the seller send you an invoice and then you pay by clicking pay now from the email

6) log into paypal on a pc on one tab.  Then on another tab go to your item awaiting payment and try paying

7) Link ebay and paypal>  my ebay> account> paypal account> 

8  Unlink ebay and paypal My ebay>account> paypal> unlink is after your email address.  Clear browser history.   Then try paying again.    

That's all I got.      

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Me too.  

I have had issues the last 3 days where ebay will not let me pay for an item through Paypal. I get to the payment screen, choose Paypal and then sign into Paypal and I get a timer (circle) on the screen going round and round but it never connects.

There is not an issue with my paypal account.  It just seems that ebay won't talk to the site for payment.

On one occasion, when this happened I noticed that in my payment history that I had committed to pay TWICE.  I cannot remove/cancel the order and was told to contact the seller.  Have done this and await to hear.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I had same problem, Paypal just loads on and on, not able to make purchase. PC Windows 10 and Chrome. I activated 2 step auth and onetouch, no help on those.

Then I used my Android phone and Chrome. No go. Disable 2 step auth and try to pay couple of times watching paypallit loadin screen. Then suddenly PAYMENT SUCCES, YES 😁 Maybe better chanses then with your mobile browser...?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply