cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Leave Feedback

I left positive feedback for an item that just arrived today.  But the seller has not received it. I double-checked, and refreshed the page several times, but the feedback left icon is still gray.  So I tried leaving feedback again, but received the message from Ebay saying that  I already had left feedback.  I have tried signing out and in again,  using a different browser, and clearing my cache, but to no avail.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Can't Leave Feedback

Hi, it's amazing someone else is having this issue.  I have called, emailed and spoke to about 30 ebay reps over a month now and NO ONE fixed the issue.  They tell me to clear my cache and check on another platform browser.  I told them that's not the issue, I have been on ebay for 18 years, I know how to clear my cache, how about fixing your glitch.  

My case is a bit different than yours.  I leave feedback but the icon remains grey (not filled in), however, the buyer receives my feedback and it does show up on their feedback page.  It just happens to be a pain because everyday they tell me to leave feedback but when click on it to leave it a window pops up stating I already left it.   This is going on for over 45 days and I sent them screen shots etc.  

See my screenshot.   Let me know if your issue has been corrected.

It's amazing that a technical support rep can't call me on this.  12345678.jpg

Amy

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

@aviva-la,

I found the feedback you left on both of those items on your feedback left page. I had to change the display to 200 items per page, and they were down near the bottom of the page. They were #174 and #175 of 195 feedbacks you have left for buyers on the first page.

image.png

image.png

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

I have the same problem. I have left feedback for two items, but the icon does not show that. I get a message if I try leaving feedback again. I think the feedback is there because it shows on my profile under "Left for others". So I hope the seller got the feedback. But the little pencil icon isn't functioning properly.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

Same here. I've cleared my cache/cookies, and even restarted my computer. I left three positive feedbacks for sellers last night, and the icons are still grayed out. My reviews can be found under Feedback left for others.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

Yes, I know I left the feedbacks and they appear on the buyers page... my problem was not that I couldn't leave feedback but that it never showed up on my end as leaving it.  The pencil/star icon remains as if I still need to leave it.   And daily it comes up as if I never left it for the buyer.  That is m y issue.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

Good news, is that you are leaving feedback.  Bad news is, the annoying bug that keeps reminding you to leave feedback even though you have already.   I have seen this issue, both as buyer and seller for years.

What about answering questions on your listings?  I had one member manage to send me 3 messages before I got a chance to reply, so I replied once.  However eBay keeps reminding me that I have questions to answer.  LOL

Or what about nags with regards to offers?  What if I decided to not respond to an offer for some reason?  It expires, but the system CONTINUES to nag me about it, even when I can't do anything anyway.

The more I dig, the more I find.  Its a hell of a rabbit hole, and its getting uglier.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

I am also having this issue with feedback not being recorded.  When I leave feedback for a seller the little pencil icon remains grayed out and if I try to leave feedback again it tells me that I've already left feedback.

I'm also experiencing a similar issue with items that I've sold.  When I leave feedback for buyers it's not getting acknowledged on my seller page.  The blue button that reminds me to leave feedback is still there after I have already left feedback for a buyer.  And if I try to leave feedback again I get the same error message that I've already left feedback.

I try to leave feedback for everything that I buy/sell on ebay, but I have far too many transactions to keep checking the same listings multiple times because the feedback indicators aren't working correctly.  If ebay wants me to continue to leave feedback they better find a solution to this problem.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

Could it have something to with what browser you are using?

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

That's a good question. I just did a quick check. I see the same problem in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

My now four recent purchases are still showing that I need to leave feedback even though I have left it. That leave feedback (pencil) icon is still grayed out .

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

It was working fine or so I thought about a week ago, but the past few I have left I get the same results.  But I have seen the bug off and on for years.   But feedbacks are being left, so while the notification tool is busted at least its working and you can leave feedback.  For the time being.

Personally I wish I could turn some of the nagging off.  Show me once, but don't keep beating me over the head with it.  lol

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

I have also posted about this same issue.  Shows on the buyer's end but the pencil is still gray on my end.  It tells me to leave FB but when I click on it, it tell  me I have already done so.  The transactions still show on my paid and  awaiting feedback page.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

I have to wonder what the eBay technical team is up to, or if they even exist. Is it just one overwhelmed, poorly-compensated guy in a basement somewhere receiving these inquiries? All the various small-but-annoying bugs seem like valid concerns to me, yet the majority of them are not addressed -- or addressed but not fixed. I'm guessing that as long as most of the cogs in eBay's machinery are still moving, that's all that matters (to Corporate). **shrugs**

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

U R so right about that...I have been trying myself to leave feedback for my great sellers that I deal with and some of them even get upset...as frankly I would too if I do not get some feedback from doing a great good....whatever is going on? ebay is deaf to the ear and eyes with it? and NOTHING is getting worked on with it...I do not see any talk about it except with other vendors and sellers and some buyers...nothing on the talk board that ebay puts out about problems with issues.....I plan on calling on Monday and talk with a customer service rep about it and see if I can get this cleared up? or at least let them send some smoke signals out and get this issue fixed???...They are gone (naturally) for the Easter Holiday?? and frankly they do NOT work that much anymore on frankly allot of ongoing issues these days? seems like most folks do not want to work these days either? welcome to life for 2022

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Can't Leave Feedback

U can clear all you want out and it has NOTHING to do with any of us users at all...it is a technical issue with ebay that they seem not to want to resolve? or frankly maybe they do not know how anymore?  but it does nothing to help the newbies to ebay that NEED feedback to get them into the system of being a good seller...and it does ZERO help for us seller's to hope and wait for an feedback return when you go above and beyond for your buyers? Makes the platform of ebay frankly lame ...However Amazon's platform as well as Esty's platform is NO different...they all have their little issues that never seems  to get fixed...sure hope they fix this issue since it is effecting both seller/buyer/and frankly ebay

Message 15 of 30
latest reply