cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not print packing slip before purchasing shipping label

Starting today the link to print a packing slip is not available on the Purchase shipping label page until a label is printed.  Since the packing slip is part of the package being mailed, it is required before printing the label to get the correct weight of the package.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@somanypostcards 

Other threads going on this. One seller states that they can indeed print the packing slip 1st, and stated how they were doing it.

Post 4; https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/New-Packing-Slip-print-function-amp/m-p/33699439#M445549
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I think it is a technical error to remove the print packing slip link from the "Purchase shipping label" page.  This packing slip was 1 line per item as opposed to 5 lines per item on the packing slip found on the "Manage orders awaiting shipment" page.

eBay has a maximum of 40 items per order, which I think needs to be removed.  However a 40-item order packing slip fit on 1 sheet of paper (2 pages) when printed on the "Purchase shipping label" page vs. 2 sheets of paper (4  pages) when printed of the Orders pages.  To minimize weight of the extra page, I need to print the packing slip from the shipping label page unless the new functionalities in the packing slip tool have destroyed the 1 line per item, resulted in a bloated 4 page packing slip.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

a 40-item order packing slip fit on 1 sheet of paper (2 pages) when printed on the "Purchase shipping label" page vs. 2 sheets of paper (4  pages) when printed of the Orders pages.

Hey @somanypostcards. When you generate a packing slip from the "print packing slip and more" option on the Hub Orders page, there's a small link on the lower left of the pop-up window that says "tell us what you think" which pulls up a form that goes directly to the product developers.

They do read those comments and I strongly suggest submitting your FB about the length/weight of these less compact slips and encouraging others to do the same.

(FYI @rfmtm )

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I want to print my packing slip first....  I may not ship right away or I  may not ship using click and ship options.  I have a process on how I do my sales...  Yes,  and now it puts more info on the page and wastes paper and ink. It has been fine the way it has been for 20 yrs or at least as long as we have had click and ship.  Been nice if someone would have asked us what we thought about this before they just changed everything.  Cant hardly afford to do business on Ebay now.... and they screw something up for no good reason.... why am i not surprised. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@attic_toys79 wrote:

I want to print my packing slip first.... 

You can still print a packing slip from the Hub Orders page without having to first purchase a shipping label.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord

Find the order and select "print packing slip and more" from the actions drop-down.

order-actions.png

If you need to minimize the length, use the "customize" link where you can remove comments, remove pricing (check the 'gift' option), remove store links and more.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply