cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Return Options GONE (since specifics/categories update)

eBay, there is a serious bug keeping us from seeing/selecting return options in some categories! Please fix this asap!! It's been 8 days since the item-specifics/categories updates were rolled out...

When we try to edit an item, our return options disappear. Even though the listing was previously set to accept returns. 

Take listing 273042710235, for instance. Someone purchased from it, which set the quantity to 0. We use eBay's Out-Of-Stock feature and we still had one of the items in question, so I edited the ad to simply change QUANTITY back to 1. (I had earlier noticed a few recently edited listings saying 'No Returns' now, so I paid attention, starting with this one.) Before the quantity edit of 273042710235, returns were set to '30 days'. After the edits were saved they're set to 'Does Not Accept'.

Editing is now a GIANT catch-22. If you change categories, the return options appear. BUT... all the Item Specifics we had previously entered are reset to blank/zilch/nada. So we have to copy them before changing categories, then paste them back in. THIS INCLUDES the Compatibility List. It is VERY time-consuming re-creating that. So neither option is a good one for editing listings. Change categories = recreate the wheel (when time is money). Go without returns = turn off buyers, get dinged in seller metrics, etc.

Note to other sellers:

This does not happen for every listing, but there is a 'tell' to let you know when it will, before you save. If, during the edits you do NOT see the Returns Options section presented, it's going to delete your existing return selections if you save your edits. I confirmed this. Listing 272740142274 was set up for '30 day' returns but, unlike the previous example, it still had the Return Options section presented during the edit process, and it retained '30 day' returns after the edits were saved. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Day 9, eBay...

Return options are still missing for many of the categories I use in eBay Motors. If I edit a listing for quantity (back to 1) in those categories, it removes ALL previously stored return options, changing the listing to "Seller Does Not Accept Returns." Yet I get 'penalized' for listings set up that way? Not to mention how it scares some potential buyers away...

If I change the listing to a category for which return options appear, all my previous Item Specifics entries are lost. So I have to copy them to the side and paste them back in. Sometimes the Compatibility List entries are even deleted, which is an even bigger pain. It is NOT fun to enter those. And I shouldn't have to. I've already went through all that effort once...

I don't even understand why you would even have a programming routine to skip return options...ever!!  The seller should always be presented with the return options selections, regardless of what is being sold or in what category. So whatever conditional logic you have in the programming that could allow those options to be skipped, you need to delete it. Always, always, always present the return options selections to sellers when they're creating or editing a listing. 

This is a catch-22 that you've created eBay. Please fix it asap!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Same issue. Maybe this will bump it up to Ebay technicals attention! Really a problem. We need to be able to accept returns on our items and I see no way around it other than to list under a category like collectibles since they seem to allow return options! Or pick an unrelated field in cars and truck accessories that I list my vintage parts in. I wish ebay would respond to one of the many threads about this issue

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@vintageparts -- I have started using the eBay Motors>>Parts&Accessories>>Car & Truck Parts & Accessories>>Interior Parts & Accessories>>Switches & Controls category for about everything I edit/list. It has the returns options and retains Compatibility List functionality. Nevermind that I'm not listing switches OR controls, in most instances. But I figure it's better to have the items out there with return options and Compatibility Lists than it is to have them in the right category with No Returns graciously selected for me by eBay. And it's certainly better than listings sitting with zero quantity and getting no sales...

Day 10, eBay...

Return options are still missing for many of the categories I use in eBay Motors. If I edit a listing for quantity (back to 1) in those categories, it removes ALL previously stored return options, changing the listing to "Seller Does Not Accept Returns." Yet I get 'penalized' for listings set up that way? Not to mention how it scares some potential buyers away...

If I change the listing to a category for which return options appear, all my previous Item Specifics entries are lost. So I have to copy them to the side and paste them back in. And I shouldn't have to. I've already went through all that effort once...

I don't even understand why you would even have a programming routine to skip return options...ever!!  The seller should always be presented with the return options selections, regardless of what is being sold or in what category. So whatever conditional logic you have in the programming that could allow those options to be skipped, you need to delete it. Always, always, always present the return options selections to sellers when they're creating/editing a listing. 

This is a catch-22 that you've created eBay. Please fix it asap!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Bad math. It's actually day 11....

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Day 14 eBay. It's still happening...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@replacementradios wrote:

Maybe we'll get traction if more people complain about it in the weekly chat

Mark your calendar for Weds 1pm PST and get in there

velvet@ebay  is there any update on this

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It looks like this might be fixed. I just went to revise a couple listings and the return options were there. I don't believe they were there for these categories before.

@partsaholic and @vintageparts , can you confirm the return options are back your categories?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@partsaholic wrote:

I've reached back out to see if I can get some kind of estimate @partsaholic as I haven't heard anything else from them up to this point. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@partsaholic wrote:

Good news @partsaholic! They came back and said the updates went live last night so you should be seeing Return Policies for those new categories now!!!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Still cannot accept returns on 62 of my listings, still is grayed out and doesn't let you select it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Not only that, i can not add anything to the listing or change quantity because it keeps looking for return policy.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

OK i guess i fixed it had to use business policies, can't do it any other way.  Thanks

Message 13 of 13
latest reply