cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 Tracking Numbers have vanished ????

I always check every night that my Tracking numbers are loaded either by Stamps.com or me and that they have an acceptance scan . Tonight (Monday) I did my nightly check and 25 tracking numbers from the last few days are missing. They were there yesterday night after I printed out all my labels for today's mail.  Even stranger is when I tried to re enter the tracking numbers they were already filled in. I hit save and nothing is saved.  I vaguely remember someone else having a similar problem but I could not find it on the forums.

Any info would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: 25 Tracking Numbers have vanished ????

I can confirm what @tod184 is saying, tyler@ebay. From the OP-

"when I tried to re enter the tracking numbers they were already filled in. I hit save and nothing is saved."

That is still the case. When you click add tracking the number is there, but it will not display on  the Orders page, even after clicking Save or even re-entering it and clicking Save. See @loothive's screenshots in post 5 above- that's what we're seeing. Saving it does nothing to make the tracking appear on the Orders page.

Also- the problem expanded today. Items shipped yesterday that displayed tracking yesterday are not displaying tracking today, so there are more orders affected.

Tyler- I believe you know what my main selling ID is- you're welcome to look at my Orders page to see what we're talking about with regards to add tracking not fixing anything.

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

@tod184 

did you try>

hover over 'orders' in seller hub

click on 'shipping labels'

all my tracking numbers are there

but I purchase and print all my shipping labels thru ebay

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Everything shipped this morning that showed tracking a few hours ago is now appearing without tracking. It's definitely getting worse.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Thanks stuff4divas,

I am able to get a statement that I already have printed a label but the purchases are not in their  "track & manage" list.  I do not use ebay labels.  I use Stamps.com .

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

Same here......and since last night I can not print packing slips.  Get  statement

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

This is happening to us as well. When you go to "Purchase History" page it is not showing tracking for certain items we bought. About half of the orders, some are still there and some have disappeared.

However when I click "View Order Details" I can find the tracking history for all of the items. It just isn't showing up under the purchase history section. 

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

tyler@ebay- Above is the second post confirming it's also an issue on the buyer's side.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay 

Thank you for the pinned response on the Tech issues board. However, the workaround that that you suggest,  "Clicking the "Add Tracking" button will populate the tracking information" does not resolve the issue.  When we click on the "Add Tracking" button, the tracking number is there but will not save or update as others have mentioned.

In addition, orders that were shipped yesterday (Tuesday 05/18/2021) and had the tracking numbers visible yesterday are now showing NO tracking. 

Please advise

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

Has this been fixed for you guys? I still have 9 orders between May 10-16 that aren't displaying tracking info.

I contacted CS and they said-

I'm working with IT to get it displayed for you again on your end, bear with me, they should all start showing up soon and for new orders to be shipped it should not be an issue.

That was a couple days ago but the tracking still isn't showing on those 9 orders.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

I actually reached out again this morning wondering the same thing, as we still have hundreds of orders from recent weeks that are showing as if they were shipped without tracking. I was told the following: 'I checked the status of the ticket related to this issue and it looks like it has been resolved as of May 19th. This issue has been resolved for transactions going forward from the fix.  This was a cosmetic issue and should not affect your seller performance. If for some reason you do see any defects pertaining to this issue please let us know. Thank you for being a valued member of ebay. Hope you have a wonderful day.'

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

tyler@ebay- Can you please clarify what's going on with this? Tracking was restored on about 25 orders, but it's still not displaying on 9 of them from May 10-16- for the above poster it's affecting hundreds of orders!

CS told me, "I'm working with IT to get it displayed for you again on your end, bear with me, they should all start showing up soon and for new orders to be shipped it should not be an issue."

However days later, this isn't fixed. It's not affecting new shipments, but will these other orders from the past few weeks be fixed?

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thank you for this @tod184! I'll make sure to communicate that upward - the tech team is pretty dead set on that being an official workaround.  

tyler@ebay  - I see you put a note in the official thread about this that there were reports this workaround didn't work and you would update as soon as more information became available.

In light of that, and considering multiple posts here saying the issue is not actually resolved, might I suggest removing the "resolved" designation from that thread and making it a pinned thread at the top again until it is verified to be resolved?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/RESOLVED-Known-Issue-Tracking-Number-Not-D... 

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

I can only tell you what has recently happened to me.  Most all my missing tracking has suddenly repopulated except for the delivered items that were purchased before 5/17.  I have NOT received any metric hits on those tracking numbers that originally vanished and those that were were not brought back.  Current tracking is coming in for me with no problems now. 

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

I am having the same issue. I use shipstation to ship all our orders.  Randomly orders are not showing as shipped in ebay. Some I click on add tracking and the tracking information is displayed, but will not save and update. Others there is no tracking info. I have taken a big hit on our TRS metrics because of this issue. 

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Tracking never did populate on those May10-16 orders. I hate when eBay does a fix-forward and ignores what's already been affected.

I'm not seeing new orders on my account affected yet, but the above poster is having issues with  new orders. tyler@ebay 

Message 30 of 48
latest reply